About the opportunity
We are looking for a skilled systems engineer to join our IT Systems Engineering team. This person will be bringing their experience to help mature, build, and optimize this team. Bring your technical talents and great attitude to this young and ambitious team.
What to expect?
- A hungry team looking looking to break through with lofty goals around problem solving and automation
- Embrace our value of start with the customer to build processes and automations with the goal of easing the life of Contentful employees
- Using a growth mindset you will explore new areas of technical development and personal development
- Bring your experience with the goal of create new processes and efficiencies so you and the team can strive together
- Be a champion for Release & Deployment, Incident, and Change management
- Minimal Travel May be Required
What you need to be successful?
- Embrace our four core values of being humble, putting the customer first, have a growth mindset, and strive together
- You have 5-10 years of working experience in IT
- Extensive and proven experience with managing a JAMF and Intune environment
- Extensive and proven experience in network management
- Deep understanding of how an API works and ability to implement and maintain scripts to sync between different SaaS tools via API (python, bash, …)
- This position requires proficient coding skills and a strong understanding of working with APIs
- Experience in a SaaS based corporate infrastructure (Okta, Google Workspace, Atlassian …)
- Experience with automations and workflows in a variety of systems
- Provide leadership in the migration of legacy technology to current standards
- Lead and support the implementation of software, systems, and services
- Deep knowledge of IT service delivery, infrastructure and application support, security, business strategies, goals and objectives
- Solid teamwork and interpersonal skills that enables partnerships with colleagues across various departments
- Experience building collaboration and rapport within an organization with both technical and non-technical members
- Experience using Agile methodologies
- Excellent communication skills, team spirit and enjoyment of project work as well as the flexibility required for this
- Serve as an escalation point for the IT-Services team
- Work independently with the team throughout different time zones
- ITIL certification is a plus
What's in it for you?
- Join an ambitious tech company reshaping the way people build digital experiences
- Full-time employees receive Stock Options for the opportunity to share in the success of our company
- Comprehensive health/dental/vision care package covering 100% of monthly premiums for employees
- We value Work-Life balance and You Time! A generous amount of paid time off, including vacation days, education days, and volunteer days
- 16 weeks of paid parental leave to care for and focus on your growing family
- Use your personal education budget to improve your skills and grow in your career.
- Enjoy a full range of virtual and in-person events, including workshops, guest speakers, and fun team activities, supporting learning and networking exchange beyond the usual work duties
- Use your physical fitness budget to get away from your desk and support your physical wellness
- A monthly phone/internet stipend and phone upgrade reimbursement after 2 years
- New hire office equipment stipend. Get the gear you need to work at your best.
This role will need to be conducted in a state in which we are currently registered to do business.
Colorado Salary Statement: The salary range displayed is specifically for those potential hires who will work or reside in the state of Colorado if selected for the role. Any offered salary is determined based on internal equity, internal salary ranges, market data/ranges, applicant's skills and prior relevant experience, certain degrees and certifications (e.g. JD/technology), for example.
Colorado Salary Range: $142,000 - $151,500
[This position is eligible for equity awards in accordance with the terms of Contentful’s equity plans.]
Who are we?
Contentful is the intelligent composable content platform that unlocks all of an organization’s digital content to deliver impactful customer experiences, making content a strategic business asset. The Contentful Platform, Contentful Studio, and the Contentful Ecosystem combine the flexibility of composable content with the intelligence of AI, empowering digital teams to drive business momentum through collaboration, speed, and scale. Contentful powers innovative content experiences across brands, regions, and channels for organizations around the world, including nearly 30% of the Fortune 500. Nearly 800 people from more than 70 nations contribute their energy and creativity to Contentful, working from hubs in Berlin, Denver and distributed around the world.
Everyone is welcome here!
“Everyone is welcome here” is a celebrated component of our culture. At Contentful, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical [dis]ability, or length of time spent unemployed. We invite you to apply and join us!
If you need reasonable accommodations at any point during the application or interview process, please let your recruiting coordinator know.
Please be aware of scammers who may fraudulently allege to be from Contentful. These types of fraud can be carried out through copycat websites, fake email addresses claiming to be from our company, or social media. We do not ask for your personal information such as bank account numbers, identification numbers, etc through social media or chat-based apps, nor do we request or send money for the purchase of business equipment. If you suspect fraud, please report it to your local authorities, as well as reaching out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any information you may have.
By clicking “Apply for this job,” I acknowledge that I have read the “Contentful’s Candidate Privacy Notice”, and hereby consent to the collection, processing, use, and storage of my personal information as described therein.