More than a job. It's a chance to make a real difference.
Welcome to AbbVie!
At AbbVie, we offer you the resources and a global reach to empower your innovative mindset. From day one, we’ve known it takes teamwork and collaboration to develop the scientific breakthroughs, innovative pipelines, and therapies that change millions of patients’ lives around the world. In short, we know it takes “you” to make those ground-breaking advancements happen. We take pride in serving and supporting our communities and protecting the environment, making a lasting impact that's felt within healthcare and beyond.
We are now recruiting experienced Manufacturing Process Engineer to join our Core 1 Operations team in AbbVie Westport, Co Mayo.
In the role, you will have the opportunity to optimize and improve the efficiency of manufacturing processes within a multi-product aseptic environment across a wide range of process and equipment types. You will be required to ensure efficient operation of aseptic Filling lines and associated equipment. In this role you will become a ‘Subject Matter Expert’ across critical aseptic processes and will identify and lead the implementation of process improvement projects. The position will require dealing with challenging technical problems within a highly regulated environment. The successful candidate will have the ability to co-ordinate with multiple stakeholders and varying levels and areas of expertise, ensuring that the necessary skill sets for successful project delivery are available.
If great benefits, a defined career path, and work-life balance are important in your next career move, then read on to find out more:
• Provide technical assistance to the manufacturing areas relating to the process and equipment to address issues and exceptions or support improvements.
• Develop and implement changes that will enhance equipment performance, product quality, reduce manufacturing costs and maximise efficiencies.
• Develop and modify procedures as needed to support the manufacturing areas. Submit Change plans and create investigation reports.
• Support the transfer of new products to the manufacturing area.
• Participate in process, equipment and facilities validation efforts and project implementation.
• Maintain manufacturing area equipment in compliance with site calibration and maintenance program
• Provide support to Technical Shift Leads on batch records
• Provide assistance and present when required at Regulatory Inspections
• Comply with Abbvie policies and procedures and regulatory agency regulations.
• Evaluation and implement new equipment and process technology.
• Initiate capital project ideas dealing with safety, quality improvements, increases in capacity and/or cost reduction.
So, what do you need to do this role?
Education and preferred experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in Chemical, Mechanical Engineering, or a related discipline is required
• A minimum of 2 years’ experience in process / equipment engineering in a manufacturing environment of biotechnology, pharmaceutical plant desired.
• Lean Six Sigma/ Continuous Improvement experience is desirable
• Detailed knowledge of CGMP and regulatory requirements relating to the pharmaceutical industry is required for this role.
• Possess strong technical knowledge and application of concepts, practices, and procedures.
• Good interpersonal skills to develop working relationships with people at all levels.
• Ability to lead projects.
• Ability to quicky adopt to changing business / project demands.
AbbVie is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer; we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop innovative solutions for patients and being part of an inclusive work environment.
AbbVie is committed to operating with integrity, driving innovation, transforming lives, serving our community, and embracing diversity and inclusion. It is AbbVie’s policy to employ qualified persons of the greatest ability without discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, status as a protected veteran, or any other legally protected group status.
Job Type: Experienced