With the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. When you join Team Amex, you become part of a global and diverse community of colleagues with an unwavering commitment to back our customers, communities and each other. Here, you’ll learn and grow as we help you create a career journey that’s unique and meaningful to you with benefits, programs, and flexibility that support you personally and professionally.
At American Express, you’ll be recognized for your contributions, leadership, and impact—every colleague has the opportunity to share in the company’s success. Together, we’ll win as a team, striving to uphold our company values and powerful backing promise to provide the world’s best customer experience every day. And we’ll do it with the utmost integrity, and in an environment where everyone is seen, heard and feels like they belong.
Join Team Amex and let's lead the way together.
GL Assurance team is primarily responsible for validating the data reported through sub ledger systems and ensuring the financial integrity of numbers. Any data sourcing gaps/issues identified in the process are communicated to stakeholders. This team also provide support in resolving such issues by collaborating with impacted stakeholders.
Responsibilities may include:
- Being natural back-up of immediate leader and assist peers.
- Independently lead change management and improvement in processes
- Support leadership reviews and represent team in various forums.
- Train new hires or peers on various functions of the process
- Validation of assigned portfolios on-balance sheet and off-balance sheet exposures against the general ledger/externally reported results to ensure financial integrity of data used to generate US Regulatory results.
- Actively participate in automation initiatives
- Research into variances and perform root cause analysis.
- Collaborate with stake holders for resolution of the issues.
- Report all issues timely into ITSM for tracking and closure.
- Monthly CCID management process to ensure accurate validations.
- Relationship management with source data providers, product owners, GL Controls teams, reporting teams, AET, GFII and others.
- Postgraduate in Business/Finance/Accounting, CPA / CA a plus
- 3+ years’ experience post CA / CPA, 5+ years in case of others
- Strong demonstrated knowledge of AXP financial systems.
- Strong knowledge of AXP business, balance sheet, general ledger, and chart of accounts
- Demonstrated ability to promote and drive change to further improve processes to be more efficient and effective.
- Flexibility, ability to prioritize multiple demands and manage in a matrix organization.
- Regulatory reporting concept knowledge and experience a plus but not required.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proven collaboration/relationship skills
- High Proficiency in MS Office (Excel, Word, Power Point) is a requirement. SQL Knowledge a plus
- Self-motivated and proactive
- Knowledge of Sub-Ledger & Project Experience a plus
We back our colleagues and their loved ones with benefits and programs that support their holistic well-being. That means we prioritize their physical, financial, and mental health through each stage of life. Benefits include:
- Competitive base salaries
- Bonus incentives
- Support for financial-well-being and retirement.
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, life insurance, and disability benefits (depending on location)
- Flexible working model with hybrid, onsite or virtual arrangements depending on role and business need.
- Generous paid parental leave policies (depending on your location)
- Free access to global on-site wellness centers staffed with nurses and doctors (depending on location)
- Free and confidential counseling support through our Healthy Minds program
- Career development and training opportunities
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.