AbbVie’s Brand and Commercial Operations Business Technology Team (BCo) is working in partnership with AbbVie’s Digital Lab to fundamentally transform the current brand and product management model to super-boost AbbVie's digital capabilities. The HCP Data Engineering workstream is positioned to support this transformation via best-in-class data innovation, agility, design, architecture, engineering, and overarching solution delivery to create scalable use case advancements across the portfolio.
As the HCP Data Engineering workstream works to support the business at large across several transformational initiatives, this is a great opportunity to be a part of this team in leading the delivery of mid to large-scale, functional, and cross-functional initiatives designed to uncover business insights helping identify efficiency opportunities, marketing decision making and investment allocation. The HCP Data Engineering Delivery Manager will be leaned upon as the deep domain expert from both a functional and technical standpoint in overall solution delivery. This individual will use a broad understanding of the HCP data ecosystem paired with brand and operational information needs to own business relationships and lead a team of data engineers in the execution of data-driven initiatives across disciplines and subject areas. Additionally, this individual will be responsible for demonstrating practical and innovative approaches while helping drive the data strategy and insights objectives for the AbbVie Digital Lab. The ideal candidate will be a proponent for innovation, best practices, sound design with data & information optimization in mind, strong development habits, and efficient team/project structures.
The Data Engineering Delivery Manager will be responsible for driving design, architecture, and governance to ensure secure, scalable, and reliable standards and advanced data insights capabilities are delivered across the AbbVie Digital Lab and its partner stakeholders. This individual will be chartered with leading a team of data engineers building integrated HCP data and analytics consumption layers, powering data-driven insights that ultimately lead to better, faster decisions. You will help enable and grow our culture of data driven insights and decision making, improving operational productivity by shortening cycle times and signaling alerts. Most importantly, by helping to unlock information like deeper understanding of HCP decision-thinking, propensity, affinity, and other predictive models for insight generation, you will help make a remarkable impact in the lives of our people and patients.
- Understand organization's vision, goals, and strategies. Aligns department priorities appropriately, determines critical success factors, evaluates, and pursues initiatives based on fit with strategies.
- Work on strategies aimed to improve business reporting processes utilizing continuous improvement across functions, ensuring that project commitments are achieved, compliance, business, and data privacy requirements are met; and launch plans are executed.
- Lead multiple development teams and manages solutions for different analytical and operational reporting needs for the business functions.
- Act as data domain and engineer standards expert with functional and business teams and understands business strategy and needs related to descriptive, predictive, and prescriptive analytics.
- Lead BTS and partner teams in data solution development and successful implementation data for actionable insights for business decision making.
- Provide project status updates to leadership BTS team in prioritization, project strategies, manage portfolio by working with the program/project manager.
- Partner with Commercial Data Lake and Enterprise BTS organizations to evaluate and establish analytics best practices and solutions related to data visualization and data mining and provide thought leadership on consolidation of reporting platforms for operational & analytics data visualization and modeling.
- Manage the project teams, budget, expenses, and capital costs against the budget.
- Provide innovative solution ideas along with execution strategies to help drive business insights across the AbbVie HCP Data Ecosystem.
- Bachelor's Degree with 8 years’ experience; Master's Degree with 7 years’ experience; PhD with 3 years’ experience of related work experience and a strong understanding of specified functional area. Degree in Computer Science or related discipline preferred.
- 7+ combined years in BI/DW and Analytics; experience will include one or more of the following: Data Analyst, Systems Analyst, Data Architect, or Analytics/Reporting Architect.
- Strong SQL skillset is required. Knowledge of Java/Scala/Apache Spark is a bonus.
- Familiarity with navigating in both a relational (i.e. Oracle or Teradata) and non-relational (i.e. Snowflake on AWS) environments.
- Experience with Business Intelligence tools such as QlikView, Qlik Sense, Power BI, Tableau, etc.
- Proven track record in project delivery involving business and technical teams.
- Proven experience identifying strategies for risk mitigation to reduce or eliminate issues.
- Experience with managing teams/direct reports.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate cross-functional teams towards task completion.
- Experience with Service Operations in a multi-sourced and multi-project environment.
- Familiarity of times series forecasting, monte carlo analysis, spatial analysis, and/or machine learning (random forest, neural nets, SVM, etc.)
- Familiarity of R/Python and libraries such as Tensorflow, café, Pytorch, etc. is required.
- Solid executive presence with excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Solid understanding on impacting, emerging and vendor trends in the BI/DW/Analytics space.
- Life Sciences and/or healthcare analytics background preferred.
AbbVie is committed to operating with integrity, driving innovation, transforming lives, serving our community, and embracing diversity and inclusion. It is AbbVie’s policy to employ qualified persons of the greatest ability without discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, status as a protected veteran, or any other legally protected group status.
Significant Work Activities: Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Type: Experienced