At Riot Games we aspire to be the most player-focused game developer and publisher in the world. We work every day to make it better to be a player and are looking for a Senior Director, Brand Management - VALORANT to join the game.
You are an experienced and deeply passionate marketer who’s excited to join the leadership team of VALORANT, build on its success to date and chart the course for the franchise. You will partner with the VALORANT game studio and other product leaders to dream big, chase bold ideas and make impossible dreams come true for our players.
This Global Marketing leader will be responsible for the brand narrative and holistic marketing strategy for the VALORANT franchise. You will be responsible for deeply understanding current players and future audiences against a landscape of continuously evolving player needs and expectations. You’ll lead a team in developing innovative and culturally resonant integrated player experiences that capture the imagination of VALORANT’s young and vibrant global audience to drive long term player engagement, brand growth and bring the next generation of players to the game. You’ll also deeply co-create and collaborate with regional partners to bring VALORANT’s brand positioning of “Unapologetically Global” to life.
You’ll develop and contribute to strategies at the highest altitudes while also employing curiosity and insights to continuously optimize campaign performance and player engagement. You’re nimble, solutions oriented and highly skilled at navigating ambiguity. You’ll be responsible for mentoring and providing growth opportunities to the team, and collaboratively bringing together leadership across departments and disciplines. You will report to the VP of Brand Management and Marketing.
Come join us in charting the future of one of Riot’s most exciting and fastest growing games!
- Lead the brand management function for VALORANT as well as cross-functional marketing team
- In partnership with product leadership, continuously evolve our differentiated brand strategy and drive vision, objectives, roadmap, and prioritization for VALORANT across multiple platforms
- Contribute to VALORANT product leadership and collaboratively chart the future course for the game and franchise.
- Be a player (and future player) champion, taking an insights-informed approach
- Set top-level KPIs for marketing efforts, work with partner teams to develop measurement plans, guide marketing research, and enhance the team's collective knowledge of our future audience and landscape.
- Ensure that all marketing programs are aligned with goals, target audience, and core brand strategy for the game and aligned to the vision of the portfolio, drive demonstrable ROI and continuously optimizing for best outcomes
- Guide successful execution of campaign and initiative development within the team - ensuring outstanding creative experiences that deliver incredible player experiences and challenge best-in-class standards for marketing across the industry.
- Be the liaison between the product teams and Riot's regional publishing organization - promoting successful outcomes through close collaboration and partnership.
- In partnership with Publishing Product Management, be a partner in product strategy; advise on market potential, optimal pricing, distribution channels, and launch sequencing for all products within the title set.
- Build relationships and collaborate with senior leaders of marketing and partner organizations (esports, entertainment) to contribute to agreement on product priorities, discipline standards, and career growth
- 12+ years of experience leading successful brand teams in video games throughout all stages of the production lifecycle of a product including 7+ years of people management experience.
- 7+ years of experience working with executive management and leading cross-functional marketing teams of creative, media, channels, insights, social, influencer and PR
- 5+ years of deep experience deeply collaborating and co-creating with global/regional teams, global mindset and strong awareness of regional/cultural landscape differences and similarities.
- Deep experience in brand strategy and bringing together various disciplines of marketing into holistic campaigns.
- Experience marketing Shooter category products
- Experience setting and driving teams towards a cohesive vision
- Experience working on cultural brands that serve passionate audiences
- Deep understanding of cultural trends across entertainment, fan and youth culture
- Intimate knowledge of the fast-moving global games marketing landscape, current competition, innovations and trends, ever evolving player expectations and how they impact our business
- Must be excited about getting into deep engagements with our players and being able to both set expectations with them and respond in empathetic ways to the changing demands of those that spend hours of their time with their friends in our universe.
- Experience across PC, mobile and console platforms
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.