The Role: Technical Lead
The Location: Princeton New Jersey USA
The Team: The resource would be leading a strong technical team working on a trademark Platts platform. He/She would be a part of the existing team working very closely with the Development Manager, Product owner and responsible for developing the Platform and enhance its features on an ongoing basis.
The Impact: Your challenge will be reducing the “time to market” for the product/platform without compromising quality, by leveraging automation and innovation. You will use a wide range of technologies and have the opportunity to interact with Product owners and different internal teams.
What’s in it for you:
- Build a career with a global company.
- Work on cutting edge technologies and gain valuable experience with new age Cloud architecture.
- Improve your skills by working on enterprise solutions.
- Collaborate with multiple IT/Business teams to plan and design end-to-end solution to industry standards
- Work closely with functional heads, stakeholders and business users to understand the requirement and come up with solutions.
- Build effective working relationships with SMEs and users both internal and external
- Work in an Agile team and able to articulate problem statements & solution
- Works across multi-functional teams to formulate and fine tune design ideas and guidelines
- Stay up to date with current tech and bring relevant ideas to the table
- Excellent team player, and flexible to work based on projects and deliverable deadlines
- Ensure technical design and development meets security compliance criteria at all time
- Identify and implement opportunities in the solution that will drive continuous improvements in performance, scalability, reliability and re-usability. Continue to drive down technical debt and cost of operations/support with the latest cutting-edge technologies and newer development methods & strategies.
- Ensure “operational excellence” capabilities (usability, availability, resilience, security, etc.) at-all-times.
- Work with the team to effectively code, build and deploy solutions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer science or a related technical field with 10+ years experience in software engineering
- Experience in AWS Lambda, S3, Nodejs, API gateway, Reactjs, Oracle RDS
- Experience in Blockchain / QLDB technologies and Networking
- Experience with DevOps practices and modern CI/CD deployment models using Jenkins/Ansible
- Experience building APIs and background services leveraging cloud providers i.e. Amazon Web Services
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices including complete software development life cycles, coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Fundamental knowledge of data types, data structures, data sets, data access and software design patterns
- Good understanding of various technologies and systems such as HTTP, REST APIs, Distributed System, Services, Messaging.
- Experience with testing patterns and best practices along with software security best practices
- Experience in logging, performance metrics, debugging, optimizations and defect resolution
- Strong communication skills and ability to produce clear, concise and detailed documentation
- Excellent problem solving, analytical and technical troubleshooting skills
- AWS certification preferred.
At S&P Global Platts, we provide the insights; you make better informed trading and business decisions with confidence. We’re the leading independent provider of information and benchmark prices for the commodities and energy markets. Customers in over 150 countries look to our expertise in news, pricing and analytics to deliver greater transparency and efficiency to markets. S&P Global Platts coverage includes oil and gas, power, petrochemicals, metals, agriculture and shipping.
S&P Global Platts is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit platts.com.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.