GetThru is hiring a DevOps Engineer to join our expanding technology team. We are looking for a candidate, preferably with a secondary skill set in security, Elixir software development, or database administration.
We pride ourselves on a collaborative, learning-oriented engineering culture that emphasizes (but doesn’t mandate) pair programming. We make a practice of setting aside dedicated time for self-directed work or professional development activities. And it’s safe to make a mistake -- we have each other’s backs.
This is a hands-on role that will play a key role in establishing fundamental DevOps capabilities and technology. Working closely with the engineering team you’ll support modernization and optimization efforts to improve reliability and scalability of infrastructure. And help identify opportunities to automate engineering workflows, infrastructure, code testing, monitoring, and deployment.
Current full-time and part-time employees along with current contractors are eligible to apply.
Who you are:
- An engineer with Site Reliability Engineering or DevOps experience maintaining and deploying highly available fault tolerant systems.
- A disciplined and creative problem solver who can create your own direction in a low-structure environment, and execute on it.
- The person who steps in when something needs to get done -- even if it’s not glamorous or fun or explicitly your responsibility -- and makes sure it happens.
- A collaborative and supportive teammate who believes that a team is greater than the sum of its parts.
What you’ll do:
- Quickly come up to speed on the functionality of our two products and the technology underlying them.
- Collaborate with teammates to resolve service interruptions and high-impact defects; participate in on-call rotation.
- Collaborate with team members to mature our core capabilities;
- Continuous Integration (CI): Collaborate with developers to improve test cases and implement automation to reduce code merge issues.
- Continuous Delivery (CD): Help mature our continuous delivery pipeline with improvements to our infrastructure, processes, and tooling.
- Microservices: Contribute to project teams by providing infrastructure guidance, best practices, and implementation of changes.
- Infrastructure as Code (IaaC): Write, review, and improve our Terraform codebase. Looking for opportunities to implement services more effectively.
- Monitoring and Logging: Develop more robust service monitoring, create dashboards, and mature our incident response and alerting tools.
- Communication and Collaboration: Help drive improvements to the culture of DevOps by communicating, collaborating, and sharing with the engineering team.
- Work with the engineering department to identify and resolve security defects.
- Actively seek opportunities to improve the workflows and tooling for the engineering team.
- Help incrementally improve our alerting and escalation mechanisms.
Candidates are expected to have:
- At least one of:
- Prior professional experience managing Kubernetes or AWS infrastructure
- Prior experience as a systems administrator, site reliability engineer or DevOps engineer.
- At least two of:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A commitment to / interest in progressive causes.
Our stack includes:
(You do not need to have prior experience in all of these.)
- Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Docker & Kubernetes (EKS, Helm)
- Phoenix, Liveview, React with Redux, TypeScript, Webpack & Babel, HTML5, CSS3, & SASS
Sign up to connect with companies that trust you to work wherever you work best.Register Now, be first in line
Sign up for our weekly remote work round-up newsletter and have new openings from companies that care delivered right to your inbox.