PowerToFly supports a fully remote team and core coverage with country specific benefits. This may include health care, a retirement savings plan, parental and adoption leave and perks such as self-directed budgets to support learning and growth. We also offer unlimited personal time off and mentorship opportunities.
PowerToFly, the global platform for diversity recruiting and retention, is looking for a highly skilled Senior Quality Automation Engineer who will be responsible for designing, implementing and maintaining automation frameworks for testing web, mobile and desktop applications.
Above all, you’re passionate about our mission to fast-track economic equity by connecting underrepresented talent to roles in highly visible sectors. We achieve that mission by offering daily virtual events with company decision-makers and providing upskilling opportunities to create diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplaces.
What you’ll do
- Review requirements, specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback
- Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test cases
- Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate testing activities
- Analyze test results and work with development teams to identify and resolve defects
- Participate in non-functional testing tasks (Performance, Security).
- Work with a cross-functional team, project managers and product owners to ensure the QA artifacts are planned, prioritized, managed, and delivered throughout the SDLC and project lifecycle.
- Advocate for QA and Automation best practices across the development and engineering teams.
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends and emerging technologies related to test automation and software development
- Ensure that software releases are of high quality and meet user expectations
- Mentor and train junior automation engineers and Software Engineers on best practices and emerging technologies
Our current Automation Testing framework is based on Python. Hence, you will be a great candidate for one of our engineering teams if you exhibit the following experience:
- Exceptional communication skills: you’ll work with multiple talented engineers and need to be able to articulate clearly your points to give advice on technical decisions.
- Deep knowledge of designing and implementing automation frameworks for testing web applications and SaaS products
- Experience documenting all changes related to the automation framework to facilitate seamless knowledge transfer.
- Experience reviewing requirements, specifications, and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback.
- Experience creating detailed, comprehensive, and well-structured test cases.
- Experience developing and maintaining our automation framework and automated test scripts using testing frameworks such as Selenium
- Experience developing and maintaining test plans and test cases based on business requirements and design specifications
- Strong background in software testing methodologies and experience with agile development practices.
- Experience in API testing tools and frameworks
- Experienced in automation testing KPIs and reporting tools
- Ability to test and assure quality large value web/mobile applications, content management systems and websites.
- Proven experience in a number of different types of testing (API or contract based testing, functional testing, end-to-end testing, Exploratory testing, Negative testing, etc)
- Experience with Cross Browser and Mobile Testing (Executing test cases against various browsers like Mozilla Firefox, Google chrome, IE and Safari etc...)
Your toolkit must have :
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field preferred
- 5+ years of experience in quality assurance or software development
- Experience designing and implementing automation frameworks for testing SaaS applications (from API to UI)
- Expertise with testing frameworks such as Selenium
- Excellent problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and in a global team environment
- Intermediate level: Python
- Senior level: Automation testing
- Senior level: Non-functional testing
- Comfortable in AWS stack and able to troubleshoot CI/CD pipelines
- Experience with test cases management tools.
- Experience with Gherkin
- Experience with performance testing and monitoring tools such as JMeter and Splunk
This position is open to candidates seeking remote work. Remote employees do not have a permanent corporate office workplace. They have the ability to work from any physical location of their choosing, with limited restrictions, and this location must be disclosed to the Company. At the Company’s discretion, an employee in a remote-designated job may need to live in a specific region or time zone to support clients as a part of their role. In California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, and New York the standard base pay range for this role is $110,000 - 170,000 annually. This base pay range is specific to the aforementioned US locations only and may not be applicable to other locations. Actual amounts will vary depending on experience, performance, and location. Pay ranges for other locations available upon request.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging (DEIB) are the cornerstone of everything we do at PowerToFly. We are the fastest growing platform committed to fast-tracking economic equity by connecting underrepresented talent to roles in highly visible sectors. An equal opportunity employer, we are women-led, intersectional and focused on empowering underrepresented talent across all identities, including race, age, ethnicity, sexual orientation, ability, veteran status and gender. PowerToFly consists of a global team that is committed to mitigating bias and lifting barriers in our recruitment and hiring processes. We recognize that diverse experiences, perspectives and backgrounds enable us to be an even stronger company and workplace. Not only will you be welcome here, your unique thoughts and opinions will be encouraged, celebrated and deeply valued.