About the role...
As an Account Solutions Engineer (ASE) you will serve as a Customer’s trusted technical advisor across their entire customer journey with HashiCorp. As such, ASEs identify Customer challenges, capture critical business requirements, and provide prescriptive solutions based on established best practices. Above all else, the Account SE Team places Customers at the center of their work, always striving to delight our Customers by driving technical success, maintaining all commitments, and providing value with every interaction.
In this role you can expect to...
- Serves as trusted advisor to aligned accounts, their technical teams and their business liaisons across the entire customer journey (pre and post sales)
- Manage and maintain the relationship with the technical stakeholders, practitioners and champions in the account
- Leads the technical conversation, explaining the ways in which HashiCorp solutions address the customer’s business and organizational requirements
- Able to demonstrate and discuss how the use of the HashiCorp solutions is able to solve customer problems/use cases for both self-managed and hosted HashiCorp offerings, with applicability to the customer's infrastructure and application architectures
- Identifies and mitigates any architectural conflicts within account base, and helps the sales team identify and win opportunities within the context of the customer’s existing footprint and needs
- Work closely with key customer executive decision makers on product evaluations and proof of concepts and project rollouts to ensure the solutions/products meets client objectives
- Orchestrates the engagement of the wider HashiCorp Solutions Engineering and Architect and Partners to drive the best outcomes for the customer
- Help foster an environment for ongoing strategic customer success
- Owns the Technical Account Plan, part of the overall Account Plan
- Ability to work well in a highly dynamic / team environment that focuses on providing world class customer service
You may be a good fit for our team if you have...
- 2 to 3 years experience with solution architecture, sales engineering, or equivalent experience
- B.S. degree in an engineering or similar program from an accredited college / university preferred or equivalent experience
- Proficiency and experience with concepts and technologies used in software development, operations, security, cloud, microservices, containers, and scheduling platforms
- Proficiency and/or knowledge of existing solutions in the same domain as HashiCorp tools (e.g. Infrastructure Automation, Identity Management and Dev/Ops) such as Vagrant, Packer, Terraform, Consul, Nomad, Vault and others
- Ability to work well in a highly-dynamic environment that focuses on providing outstanding Customer service
- Comfort working remotely and performing well given a high level of independence and autonomy
Colorado, California, Washington and New York City Applicants: To view base salary ranges for this role in your location and to learn more about which roles are eligible for bonus pay or commissions, please visit our Pay Transparency Calculator below. Individual pay within the range will be determined based on job related-factors such as skills, experience, and education or training. Information on our benefits can be found via the link below. Intern ranges can be found below.