This position will support the executive in day-to-day activities that may involve administrative support, crafting compelling communications, supporting strategic imperatives, or working with other leaders on a variety of highly visible activities.
The Executive Assistant supports senior and executive leadership with all daily, monthly and quarterly responsibilities related to internal and external stakeholders. This role takes initiative for all administrative duties in order to aid leadership in all facets.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Manage executive’s calendar and scheduling, including all internal and external meetings.
- Plan all aspects of Executive’s travel.
- Coordinate and lead preparation for all Senior Leadership meetings, including but not limited to: securing meeting location, travel, accommodations, catering, equipment/supplies, etc.
- Collate briefing documents for Executive meetings, including drafting, preparing, and proofreading letters, memos, reports, spreadsheets, charts and presentations.
- Process expense reports, requisitions and new hire needs.
- Assists with special projects which may include research or specific personnel and organizational development initiatives.
- Effectively interact with all stakeholders including internal and external customers, developing collaborative relationships across CDW to ensure positive results.
- Arrange all aspects of department gatherings (location, set-up, food, and activities).
- Create professional PowerPoint presentations.
- Enter all invoices and create PO’s to ensure timely payment to Vendors.
- Field incoming phone calls, follow-up and resolve appropriately.
- Maintain a variety of department lists, as well as department and senior level organizational charts.
- Act as a department liaison when appropriate.
- Handle time-clock issues for the department.
- Ability conduct and attend on-camera meetings regularly.
Education and/or Experience Qualifications
- 5 years or experience coordinating projects or supporting at work at an executive-level
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent years of work experience
- History of maintaining confidentiality in working with private and sensitive information.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Strong organizational and time management skills, with the ability to be resourceful and creatively problem solve.
- Strong interpersonal skills; team player with ability to deal effectively with individuals at all levels.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to positively and professionally interact with all coworkers across CDW, including executive leadership and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and work independently with little direction.
- History of balancing multiple priorities simultaneously with the ability to adapt to the changing needs of the business while meeting deadlines.
- Flexible approach to work and the ability to work when needed to meet deadlines, including nights and/or weekends
- Demonstrated working experience in event planning, meeting coordination, and partner and vendor relations.
- Influential with others, tailoring communication to the needs of the target audience.
- Demonstrated influence without authority.
- Proficient negotiation and persuasion skills, with the ability to enable win-win resolutions.
- Ability to pay critical attention to detail.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the business, organization and solutions that are the back bone of the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to manage expense reports and travel requests, while managing timelines.
- Proven track record of successfully supporting the needs of project team members and internal stakeholders (locally and virtually).
- Ability to effectively resolve conflict with appropriate escalation.
- Solid understanding of social media usage including but not limited to; LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Forums, Wikis and blogs.
CDW is committed to maintaining a workplace that is free of known hazards and to ensuring the safety, health, and well-being of coworkers and candidates for employment and their families, as well as the community.
CDW requires all coworkers be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, with the only exceptions being a documented, legally required medical or religious accommodation. Prior to starting with CDW, successful candidates will be required to: (i) be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide CDW with proof of full vaccination; or (ii) apply for and receive a medical or religious-based accommodation to be exempt from the mandatory vaccination policy.
Our story began in 1984 when our founder placed a $3 classified ad and sold a single PC. CDW was born shortly after. What began as a small company... Read more