Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data and resources they need to feel their best. Here, you will find a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, talented peers, comprehensive benefits and career development opportunities. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as you help us advance health equity on a global scale. Join us to start Caring. Connecting. Growing together.
Join us in Optum Bank, as a Sr. Product Manager as we build intuitive and seamless financial services experiences that bring together customer centric design principles with financial services best practices to support consumers and providers in healthcare. Healthcare is at a pivotal point and creating and designing intuitive financial services experiences that allow consumers and providers to focus on care delivery, while managing their financial positions is crucial to overall wellbeing. This position will interact with multiple levels and will leverage deep financial services and product management expertise.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to work remotely * from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Define features, requirements, and leverage agile product management principles as you create financial products and offerings that are simple, intuitive, and meet complex healthcare financial services needs
- Create and refine a healthy backlog that delivers capabilities in alignment with the Optum Bank and Optum Financial strategic roadmaps
- Work with a broad matrix of stakeholders including, treasury, finance, credit, underwriters, engineering, and other business stakeholders through ideation, specification, design, test, launch, and deployment
- Provide input to partners and stakeholders on projects and planning activities such as impact identification, defining prioritization, efforts required and developing solutions
- Assess and leverage competitive markets and industry insight; use the insight to determine how internal capabilities can best meet competitive threats and actively look for new business opportunities and solutions to bring new products to market
- Create and solution to bringing new lending and financing options to market
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
One year of post-high school education can be substituted/is equivalent to one year of experience.
- 5+ years of progressive experience in leading product management in the Financial or Healthcare Services industries
- 5+ years of experience within a highly matrixed organization
- 5+ years of comprehensive and detailed business analysis and requirement documentation skills
- 3+ years of experience creating lending and financing solutions for Fintechs
- Solid consultation, collaboration, negotiation, and influencing skills at senior leadership levels
- Demonstrated ability to communicate ideas clearly and concisely
- Ability to take initiative, work independently, and manage multiple products
- Ability to synthesize and leverage data and analytics to build the product value story
- Proficiency with Agile methodology
- Proficiency with tools such as Aha, Jira, Mrro, Figma
- Experience in 3rd party cards and alternative payment methods
- Experience in card issuing and health saving accounts
- Experience with treasury cash management platforms for B2B organizations
*All employees working remotely will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, Rhode Island, or Washington Residents Only: The salary range for California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, Rhode Island, or Washington residents is $101,200 to $184,000 per year. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.