Nacelle is a composable commerce platform provider that allows brands and retailers to easily syndicate commerce and content data to multiple heads, endpoints and channels by transforming, storing and reindexing data in real-time. With Nacelle, companies can future-proof their business by composing the commerce stack they want — giving them the agility needed to build unique and dynamic shopping experiences, while optimizing business operations for growth. Nacelle is a venture-backed company with over $75 million raised from institutional investors including Tiger Global, Index Ventures and iNovia. For more information, go to nacelle.comThe role:
We are seeking a world-class, entrepreneurial Account Executive who can become a trusted guide to existing clients and new prospects to drive opportunities. You will have a track record of being able to build a sales pipeline and win in complex sales cycles with a technical product, ideally in the ecommerce or data platform space. You are an expert at a solutions sale. You are coachable, curious, customer-centric, possess a strong work ethic and an eagerness for knowledge at the forefront of technology. As an early member of our Sales team, you will have the opportunity to help collaborate with the team and contribute individually as we build out new systems/processes and optimize existing ones.
This position is an outside sales role and involves travel and onsite meetings (post-COVID).In this role you will:
- Deeply understand our product and value proposition
- Work alongside your Business Development Representative to generate outbound pipeline
- Sell in highly competitive deals
- Using a solution centric approach, create narratives with a beginning, middle and end to explain complex solutions, challenges and/or ideas
- Partner with your Sales Engineer to execute customer-centric sales cycles that maximize close rate and ASP
- Act cross-functionally with marketing, alliances, product and design to guide market positioning and to provide feedback on product requirements
- Build and grow long-term executive level referenceable relationships
- Develop opportunities by structuring and qualifying discovered leads, creating and managing pipeline and moving opportunities along the sales cycle to closure
- You come with a strong background at a SaaS company
- You have a history with ecommerce
- You have worked at a venture funded startup before
- You have a hunter mentality that builds win win relationships
- You have a history of selling a technical product where the CTO is a primary stakeholder
- You have met or exceeded your quota and other KPIs
- You have a growth mindset and an entrepreneurial spirit
- You have a passion for learning and coaching others
- A deep curiosity for technical products
- You are dedicated to workplace diversity and see how to capitalize on the diverse strengths of people around you to succeed
- You are a challenger account executive that can also be collaborative
- You know how to convey a vision - you have exceptional organizational, presentation, and communication skills through all mediums of communication from phone calls to email, slide shows, and webinars
- You are a team player and excited to work closely with Marketing
- You have excellent customer facing skills specifically with regard to negotiation
- Ecommerce, Data or Developer-Tech SaaS experience
- Startup experience
- Remote work history
- Competitive compensation packages
- Stock options
- Robust benefits packages which include medical, dental, vision, HSA/FSA, as well as employer-paid life insurance, and short/long-term disability
- 401(k) with an employer match
- Unlimited Mental Health Teledoc appointments
- Paid parental leave
- Unlimited PTO in addition to paid holidays and sick days
- Monthly wifi stipend
- Home office setup budget
- An environment that values and promotes continuous learning, true ownership, and teamwork
Nacelle is committed to paying fairly and competitively which is why we partner with a salary and equity database company to ensure we are aligned with market rates. To benchmark salaries, it’s based on the individual's level of experience and cost of living and we are able to use data from comparable venture-backed startups (over 3,000 across the US).
The compensation range for this role is a base salary between $125,000-$150,000 + variable compensation. OTE for this role will be a 50/50 split between base salary and variable compensation.
If you meet most of the criteria for this position, we would still love to hear from you! We believe in fostering talent, growing and providing training to our team as we believe great human beings come first and building skillsets can happen over time.
At Nacelle, we strive to promote a culture where all employees feel supported and comfortable to provide constructive feedback in ways that we can continue to grow and practice our values of "forever learning, ownership, honesty and integrity, and teamwork."
Nacelle is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Nacelle is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities who may require additional assistance in engaging in our application and interview process. Please feel free to reach out to Nacelle's Talent Acquisition Team at TA@getnacelle.com if you need any assistance completing our application or need accommodations during your interview process.
Nacelle is a composable commerce platform provider that allows brands and retailers to easily syndicate commerce and content data to multiple... Read more