The world’s best teams work better together with Atlassian. From medicine and space travel to disaster response and pizza deliveries, Atlassian software products help teams all over the planet. At Atlassian, we're motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experiences, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
To learn more about our culture and hiring process, explore our Candidate Resource Hub.
Working at Atlassian
Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Assuming you have eligible working rights and a sufficient time zone overlap with your team, you can choose to work remotely or return to an office as they reopen (unless it’s necessary for your role to be performed in the office). Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
As we expand our Atlassian footprint in India in mid-2022, we are able to recruit eligible candidates for this role who are located in Karnataka, Telangana, Tamil Nadu, Delhi NCR, and Maharashtra. If this sparks your interest, apply today and chat with our friendly Recruitment team.
Atlassian helps teams everywhere change the world. Our products are revolutionizing the software industry and helping teams collaborate and craft the magic that delivers their best work. Think NASA launching the Rover on Mars or Cochlear gifting those born deaf with the ability to hear, your work directly impacts the products they use to advance humanity.
We’re looking for people who want to write about the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we’re committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team.
We have multiple opportunities for developers to join our engineering teams in Bengaluru. You'll be part of a growing team, delivering value to our customers through creative improvements to Atlassian’s product. You'll work closely with design and product management, influencing the direction of the product and helping the team get there. You’ll collaborate with other developers, writing code that you are proud of and delivering amazing results that our users love.
On your first day, we'll expect you to have:
- 7+ years of experience designing and building a production-level large-scale web application.
- Design-build and maintain APIs and backend microservices in Java
- You are comfortable conducting code reviews and giving feedback to ensure high standards of code maintainability and extensibility.
- Address complex problems at both an application and system level
- Proven expertise in building high-available, resilient, scalable, low latency services in a distributed architecture.
- Experience with building platforms and frameworks that are used by other developers.
- Experience building service from the ground up is preferred – be product-focused, driving the design, development, and implementation in order to turn a user’s pain points into simple and elegant solutions that are loved.
- Experience with AWS infrastructure and/or Microservices is preferred.
If you've got some of these skills, even better:
- Hands-on experience building an Atlassian plugin of any size.
- Experience with Spring framework.
- Experience with Maven plugin development.
- Experience in TDD techniques & Continuous Integration.
- Familiarity with Agile software development methodologies.
Our perks & benefits
To support you at work and play, our perks and benefits include ample time off, an annual education budget paid volunteer days, and so much more.
We're a team of 7000+ Atlassians supporting an international group of 250,000+ customers. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and... Read more