This is a field based role. You will work in the field either a 4 day or 5 day work schedule.
These are the highlights of the assessment nurse position-
• $10K sign on bonus
• Competitive salary & annual bonus
• Field either 4 days10 hours or 5 days 8 hours work schedule.
• No weekends/holidays/night shifts
• 24 days of PTO, 29 days after 1 year of employment
• Comprehensive benefit plan options
• Extensive 4-6 week training program
• Community based nursing
• Dedicated, supportive & tenured team
If you are passionate about what you do and want to work for a company that is focused on the future and dedicated to making a difference in people's lives, then Healthfirst is for you.
As an Assessment RN you will visit members in their homes at intervals required by the Department of Health (DOH) and complete appropriate documentation to determine members’ enrollment, service needs, and continued plan eligibility. This position coordinates with Care Management Team (CMT) to maintain efficient and effective operations of Healthfirst’s long term care plans such as CompleteCare, FIDA, and Senior Health Partners.
The Assessment RN makes field assessments around Bronx, New York at intervals required by the Department of Health (DOH) and completes appropriate documentation to determine members’ enrollment, service needs, and continued plan eligibility. This position coordinates with Care Management Team (CMT) to maintain efficient and effective operations of Healthfirst’s long term care plans.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- RN Conducts assessments for prospective members and re-assessments of current members as well as identify enrollment and or eligibility by utilizing clinical expertise and critical thinking skills. As needed, conducts assessments in settings other than home e.g. skilled nursing facilities. Assessments may be conducted telephonically, as needed.
- RN conducts In-person Care Management visits in support of person-centered service planning.
- RN Completes assessment of members needs at the member's/ caregivers request due to change in condition.
- Reviews previous nursing assessments/medical notes to determine necessary adjustments/updates in Care Plan and/or to assist with nursing home placement eligibility.
- Coordination with home care agencies, vendors, pharmacies, medical providers and CMT regarding needs identified.
- Provides commnity based education for our frail population including self care and preventative care.
- Additional duties as assigned,including care management tasks as needed.
- New York State RN license.
- Ability to travel around Bronx, New York.
- Unexpired NY state driver’s license or NYS ID
- Bilingual Spanish/English
- Home Care
- Discharge Planning
- Case Management
- Medical Surgical Nursing
- Electronic patient health information (PHI) database experience
- Knowledge of health insurance, Medicaid, Medicare and MLTCP
- Experience working with a frail adult or elderly population with the ability to determine appropriate care plans and services for frail population as well as negotiate initial service plans so that members and families are in agreement
- Time management, critical/creative thinking, communication, and problem-solving skills
- Field experience assessing, planning, and evaluating member's/patient’s care
- Demonstrated ability handling heavy caseloadsIntermediate Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook skills
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Applicants and employees are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disability Act or a similar law and want a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to careers@Healthfirst.org or calling 212-519-1798 . In your email please include a description of the accommodation you are requesting and a description of the position for which you are applying. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a position within Healthfirst Management Services will be reviewed at the e-mail address and phone number supplied. Thank you for considering a career with Healthfirst Management Services.
All hiring and recruitment at Healthfirst is transacted with a valid “@healthfirst.org” email address only or from a recruitment firm representing our Company. Any recruitment firm representing Healthfirst will readily provide you with the name and contact information of the recruiting professional representing the opportunity you are inquiring about. If you receive a communication from a sender whose domain is not @healthfirst.org, or not one of our recruitment partners, please be aware that those communications are not coming from or authorized by Healthfirst. Healthfirst will never ask you for money during the recruitment or onboarding process.
Greater New York City Area (NY, NJ, CT residents): $79,300 - $114,580
All Other Locations (within approved locations): $69,800 - $103,870
As a candidate for this position, your salary and related elements of compensation will be contingent upon your work experience, education, licenses and certifications, and any other factors Healthfirst deems pertinent to the hiring decision.
In addition to your salary, Healthfirst offers employees a full range of benefits such as, medical, dental and vision coverage, incentive and recognition programs, life insurance, and 401k contributions (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). Healthfirst believes in providing a competitive compensation and benefits package wherever its employees work and live.
*The hiring range is defined as the lowest and highest salaries that Healthfirst in “good faith” would pay to a new hire, or for a job promotion, or transfer into this role.