Microsoft’s Industry Solutions organization is accountable for leveraging deep industry and technical expertise to enable sales teams and partners to deliver relevant, customized industry solutions and services, built on a secure, integrated cloud platform, to empower our customers to digitally transform their businesses. It’s no longer just about one simple software solution; it’s about creating a connected, secure, efficient, and scalable digital ecosystem.
Our team culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, inspiring excellence, inclusive workplaces, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world.
The successful candidate will be able to proactively partner with a broad range of stakeholders to help identify data and reporting needs, and translate these into relevant, timely and repeatable deliverables. They will also be able to balance competing priorities, be a strong communicator across a variety of audiences and help to drive WW impact through a focus on maximizing revenue, market share and profit.Responsibilities
- Work across finance data sets, systems, and tools to help drive holistic analysis on customer lifetime value and ROI on investments.
- Be a thought leader on data and reporting trends, leveraging best practices across the industry and broader organization.
- Develop data models and standard reporting that can be leveraged across MCAPS finance, Area finance teams and business partners.
- Connect with engineering and BI teams to support identified enhancements and new business initiatives.
- Maintain and enhance existing models/database to ensure data is current & aligned with business logic.
- Partner with the Cloud & AI Customer Growth Analytics (CGA) team to ensure alignment on model updates & use cases.
- Be a trusted advisor on solving challenging business issues with a data and insight driven approach.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships across the MCAPS finance, Area finance teams and business partners.
- Strong ability to collaborate and comfort in dealing with ambiguity, influencing across multiple complex organizations, and creating effective partnerships.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve results through both individual and cross-team interactions, managing multiple priorities and comfort in working to deadlines
- Demonstrated expertise in building PBI and Excel reporting with business-lead modelling and analysis. Experience in working across and connecting disparate data and ‘outside the box’ thinking on new ways of solving business problems.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with demonstrated experience working across varied stakeholder groups within and outside of finance.
- A structured approach to reporting and data management, leveraging best practices to land sustainable and accurate data and reporting for business decision making.
- Preferred experience in R/Python/Shiny SQL, Git and Bash and PowerBI tools.
- Excellent Office Suite skills and advanced Excel.
- 3 years Data Science, Finance Analytics, or relevant experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, Economics, Data Science, or related field AND 4+ years of post-graduate financial analysis, accounting, controllership, or finance work experience
- OR Master's Degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, Economics, Data Science, or related field AND 2+ years of post-graduate financial analysis, accounting, controllership, or finance work experience
- OR equivalent experience.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.