Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on PowerToFly. Let us know if this job is closed.
Back Market is the world’s leading refurbished electronics marketplace with a team of more than 650, powering operations in 16 countries (and counting!).
Back Market is undergoing meteoric growth and has raised $884 million, with a valuation of $5.7 billion. Our mission is simple: empowering people to buy tech sustainably by offering folks a high quality, accessible, and more eco-friendly alternative to buying new electronics. Why? Refurbished tech helps lower our collective environmental impact.
Be part of a great and growing adventure that will change the way the world consumes tech.
As a Front-End Developer you consider yourself as a craftsman and you will have the wish to improve the quality, the performance and the security of our code base and our products.
Within the tribe you will have many challenges to overcome. You will help us to work on search, contextualization, reassurance, improvement of the user experience. Because we love our backers!
- You have already worked on projects based on Vue.js, React or Angular.
- Quality of code is your priority and you follow best practices.
- No, no, no, no, testing is not doubtful (Clean code, TDD, BDD, DDD, DDD, SOLID)
- You are curious, proactive and invested.
- Scrum and kanban are not karate katas and you hate the V-cycle.
- You are comfortable working both in a team and also working independently to ensure goals are achieved.
- You have an ability to foresee where your interfaces may need to be altered to keep in lie with the company strategy.
- You want to join a challenging technical environment: AWS, Kubernetes, Docker, RestFul API, Python, Django, VueJs, Nuxt, Algolia, Datadog, Spinnaker, SQS, ElasticSearch, Nginx, UWSGI.
- You understand the back-end constraints and are able to design an API call.
- You're good at finding cool names.
- You have experience on Single Page Application served in Server Side Rendering such as Nuxt/Next
- You've already tried TypeScript, Flow etc...
- Beginner chess players accepted. We also accept those who prefer board games and music, we even have an in House music band ;)
- Monitoring is second nature
- You consider yourself a software craftsperson, in search of continuous improvement
- Great verbal and written communication skills in English
WHY SHOULD YOU JOIN US ?
• A meaningful job: through hard work, you will help avoid thousands of tons of electronic waste and fight against planned obsolescence. It counts!
• An attractive salary, equity, multiple benefits (meal tickets, health insurance, etc...), parental benefits, #remote friendly company, relocation package, internal events, etc…
• Technical challenges all day every day: you will have the freedom to innovate and adopt new ideas!
• Work with passionate experts who will share their knowledge and help you develop and grow! (Backademy, technical guilds, Meet-up & Conference)
• Grow your career with a flexible career path, BackMarket can help you evolve!
• A booming scale-up: our environment is rapidly growing in Europe, the USA and soon in Asia!
• A lot of fun: you will have the opportunity to work in a fast-paced, open-minded and friendly environment.
BackMarket is an Equal Opportunity Employer for any minority, disability, gender identity or sexual orientation.