Datadog is the essential monitoring platform for cloud applications. They bring together data from servers, containers, databases, and third-party services to make your stack entirely observable. Datadog makes a conscious effort to ensure their employees at every level reflect the many experiences and identities of the outside world, treating everyone with fairness and without bias so they can belong, excel, and succeed together. Datadog supports the health and well-beng of their employees and families with benefits like:
We're on a mission to build the best platform in the world for engineers to understand and scale their systems, applications, and teams. We operate at high scale—trillions of data points per day—allowing for seamless collaboration and problem-solving among Dev, Ops and Security teams globally for tens of thousands of companies. Our engineering culture values pragmatism, honesty, and simplicity to solve hard problems the right way.
The Site Reliability teams at Datadog are responsible for ensuring that our high-volume, low-latency environments continue to perform around the clock. These teams collaborate closely with our product engineers to ensure that Datadog can monitor millions of servers and containers, ensuring our customers always have dependable and actionable data at their fingertips. You’ll be responsible for shaping the infrastructure of our data-intensive, real-time services as we continue to grow at petabyte scale.
We are a globally distributed team with US Offices in New York (HQ), Boston, and Denver and International Offices in Paris, Dublin, London, Madrid, the Netherlands, and Singapore. About 33% of our engineering team are remote.
Datadog values people from all walks of life. We understand that not everyone will meet these requirements on day one. If you’re passionate about reliability engineering and want to grow these skills but don’t meet all of these qualifications, we encourage you to apply.
- Keep our services reliable, available, fast and cost-efficient.
- Respond to, investigate and fix service issues, whether they are deep in the OS kernel or in the application code.
- Build tools and production frameworks to make our engineering team’s lives easier.
- Design, build and maintain the infrastructure we need to support orders of magnitude more customers.
- 5+ years of experience in software engineering
- You value correctness and efficiency; you leave no stone unturned when diagnosing production issues
- You handle infrastructure with code because automation lets you focus on the more difficult and rewarding problems
- You have production experience with distributed compute/storage tools, e.g. Kubernetes, Cassandra, Postgres, Kafka, Elasticsearch, Redis
- You have submitted bug fixes to the aforementioned open source projects
- You’ve worked in a cloud-native or multi-cloud environment (we use AWS, GCP and Azure)
- You have worked at a company with large scale systems, handling large amounts of data
- You are fluent in Python, Ruby and Golang
Equal Opportunity at Datadog:
Datadog is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud to offer equal employment opportunity to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Any information you submit to Datadog as part of your application will be processed in accordance with Datadog’s Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice.