EnerSys is the global leader in stored energy solutions for industrial applications. We have over thirty manufacturing and assembly plants worldwide servicing over 10,000 customers in more than 100 countries. Worldwide headquarters are located in Reading, PA, USA with regional headquarters in Europe and Asia. We complement our extensive line of Motive Power and Energy Systems with a full range of integrated services and systems. With sales and service locations throughout the world, and over 100 years of battery experience, EnerSys is the power/full solution for stored DC power products.
What We’re Offering
- Paid time off plus paid holidays
- Medical/dental/vision insurance plan
- Life insurance, short/long term disability, tuition reimbursement, flex spending, and employee stock purchase plan
- 401K plan
- Culture: We value and strive for excellence in all that we do through innovative technology by creating long lasting relationships with our stakeholders, co-workers, and customers. We continentally strive to foster teamwork, engagement and enhance our employee’s skills and competence by providing appropriate training.
Compensation Range: 72,400-90,700
Compensation may vary based on applicant's work experience, education level, skill set, and/or location.
Oversees, manages, and directs the programs and activities of the distribution center including inventory control, distribution functions, production planning/scheduling, MRP and materials management. Liaises with multiple customer service teams and factories. Leads and drives continuous improvement plans and promotes lean manufacturing principles. Manages operations and staff to assure a smooth and continuous workflow to achieve maximum efficiency.
- The incumbent must interact effectively with people at all levels, both inside and outside of the company.
- Responsible for $2M+ operational budgets, $6M+ inventory accountability, $108M+ in shipments and 12+ employees on one shift.
- Responsible for ensuring all activities within distribution center facility meets US Customs regulations for CTPAT. Responsible for picking/packing and shipping of finished goods, labor utilization and meeting quality specifications.
- Carries out managerial responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies, procedures, local regulations, OSHA and EPA requirements.
- Oversees and manages strategic activities of the warehouse, team lead and scheduling administrator on first shift.
- Oversees and ensures all company policies and procedures are being followed. Develops and implements policies with Sales, Customer Service, Quality, and EOS/Lean manufacturing.
- Interviews, hires, provides training, and conducts performance evaluations for all distribution center employees.
- Assists in the training of warehouse employees such as forklift training, housekeeping and safety procedures.
- Deploy distribution center strategy as per L4 matrix considering operations/customer/EOS/Quality/EH&S goals.
- Provides support, direction and coaching to subordinate employees in the areas of disciplinary action and problem resolution.
- Responsible for the maintenance and up-keep of all building operations such as HVAC, electrical, telephones, safety equipment and company machinery.
- Assists with planning and development of departmental budgets and monitors expenditures.
- Responsible for managing overall inventory control procedures to conform to required EnerSys/Reserve Power procedures in multiple locations such as but not limited to: physical inventory cycle count and reconciliation of discrepancies as required.
- Able to maintain all corporate metrics related to the distribution center, customer service, on time delivery and budgets.
- Proven track record of implementing change, improving processes, leading teams, operations planning and general distribution operation management.
- Willingness and ability to lead, supervise and train.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college and/or 5 years of Distribution management experience.
- Must be able to communicate clearly both written and verbally. Bilingual ability is a plus
- Must have high school level math skills or higher Computer Skills: Must have computer skills based in ERP systems and Microsoft Suite applications.
- This position requires working in a plant/warehouse environment. Therefore, expect varying working conditions.
EnerSys provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. EEO/Minority/Female/Vets/Disabled
EnerSys® is an industrial technology leader serving the global community with mission critical stored energy solutions that meet the growing... Read more