There is a place for you at T. Rowe Price to grow, contribute, learn, and make a difference. We are a premier asset manager focused on delivering global investment management excellence and retirement services that investors can rely on today and in the future. The work we do matters. We invite you to explore the opportunity to join us and grow your career with us.
Are YOU eager to return to the workforce after taking a break to raise a family, care for a family member or support a military spouse? Or are you looking to bring your skillsets to a new industry and challenge? If so, come join our fast-growing Sales team at T. Rowe Price!
Career Returnship/Transition: Intermediary Sales Consultant (Broker/Dealer, RPS & DCIO)
Location: Multiple Locations Including Owings Mills, MD, Colorado Springs, CO and San Francisco, CA
The Intermediary Sales Consultant is a sales and relationship partner with external sales professionals with whom they aid in the development of each respective territory and the management of relationships and sales opportunities with a target audience of Financial Advisors. You work collaboratively to cover identified advisors based on their needs and/or refer them to external counterparts as appropriate. You are accountable for prospecting, selling, and retaining advisors within each assigned territory through a consultative process and will contribute to gross sales, net new flows (when applicable), redemption rates, and select activity targets, as well as maintain shared accountability for territory goals with external counterparts.
- Relationship Management - We work with assigned external sales partner in optimizing client coverage within a territory. This work includes both encouraging existing relationships to deepen and broaden those with T. Rowe Price, while also strategically prospecting to discover relationships that could be mutually beneficial. You're accountable for aiding your external partner in elevating T. Rowe Price’s brand awareness, building client loyalty, growing the distribution of the firm's products, and driving sales among financial advisors within their territories.
- Business Development - You develop new business with your territory partner. You are collaborative in identifying sales opportunities, deepen overall territories, and independently sell to prospects as well as deepen relationships with existing advisors. ISCs can use a service associate role to perform some specific non-client engagement activities.
- Territory Management - We apply various data sources, both internal and third party, to identify, aggregate and prioritize targets of opportunity (both current clients and prospects) within the assigned territory and segment. This allows you to have lists of prioritized advisors.
- Sales Support and Follow-up - In partnership with your external, you deliver on preparation and follow-up items that help ensure they are prepared when in the field. This includes but is not limited to the following activities such: post face to face meeting follow-up emails and outbound calls to advisors/key contacts, preparation work for investment professional meetings and/or due diligence meetings held by either the ISC or the external partner, coordination with Service team.
- Travel/Client Facing Engagements - You will attend periodic conferences to represent the firm and to win leads for all territories. Regular territory travel with their territory partner is also required.
- Bachelor's degree or the equivalent combination of education and relevant experience AND 5+ years of total relevant work experience
- This role requires the FINRA Series 7 and Series 66 licenses. Licenses may be obtained within first 3 months of hire if not currently held. Within this role you will receive resources to support you through the licensing process to prepare you for a successful career at T. Rowe Price
- Returning from a career gap of two years or more
- MBA, CFA, CFP, CIMA
- Extensive knowledge of the financial service industry
- Previous intermediary experience as well as strong product knowledge
- A passion for keeping up to date in the economy and financial services industry
- Strong consultative, client service, and relationship building skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to flex to the client
- Proven results using a consultative sales process
- Sophisticated presentation and communication skills
Base salary range:
$82,000 - $139,000 USD
For the location of:
This job posting will be available until: 5/1/2024.
Placement within the range provided above is based on the individual’s relevant experience and skills for the role. Base salary is only one component of our total compensation package. Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus, which is determined upon company and individual performance.
Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
We strive for equity, equality, and opportunity for all associates. When we embrace the power of diversity and create an environment where people can bring their authentic and best selves to work, our firm is stronger, and we create greater value for our clients. Our commitment and inclusive programming aim to lift the experience for each associate and builds allies for our global associate community. We know that a sense of belonging is key not only to your success at the firm, but also to your ability to bring your best each day.
Benefits: We invest in our people through a wide range of programs and benefits, including:
- Competitive pay and bonuses as well as a generous retirement plan and employee stock purchase plan with matching contributions
- Flexible and remote work opportunities
- Health care benefits (medical, dental, vision)
- Tuition assistance
- Wellness programs (fitness reimbursement, Employee Assistance Program)
Our policies may change as our working lives evolve. Yet, our commitment to supporting our associates’ well-being and addressing the needs of our clients, business, and communities is unwavering.T. Rowe Price is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity of thought, gender, and race. We believe our continued success depends upon the equal treatment of all associates and applicants for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, religion, creed, color, national origin, sex, gender, age, mental or physical disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship status, military or veteran status, pregnancy, or any other classification protected by country, federal, state, or local law.