Who we are
Samsara (NYSE: IOT) is the pioneer of the Connected Operations Cloud, which allows businesses that depend on physical operations to harness IoT (Internet of Things) data to develop actionable business insights and improve their operations. Founded in San Francisco in 2015, we now employ more than 1,800 people globally and have over 1.5 million active devices. Samsara also went public in December 2021 and we’re just getting started.
Recent awards we’ve won include:
- #2 in the Financial Times’ Fastest Growing Companies in Americas list 2021
- Named as a Best Place to Work in Built In 2022
- #19 in the Forbes Cloud 100 2021
- IoT Analytics Company of the Year in 2022’s IoT Breakthrough Winners
- Forbes Advisor named us the Best Solution for Large Companies - Fleet management software for 2022!
We're driving change in industries that are yet to fully embrace digital transformation. Physical operations make up a massive slice of the global economy but haven’t benefited from innovation and actionable information in the way that other sectors have. The potential for scale and impact is huge.
About the role:
As a Web Developer on Samsara’s Growth team, you’ll work with partners across marketing and design to develop world class web experiences. You’ll work to create new pages, develop seamless content creation tooling and help ensure our web properties are optimized for performance, efficiency and scalability. Our ideal candidate has had experience creating responsive web pages from detailed file handoffs from designers (we use Figma!) and experience working on multi-language websites leveraging a headless content management platform. Sample URLs or Github sample projects are required to be considered.
In this role, you will:
- Deliver and maintain responsive content and integrations across Samsara web properties
- Keep our CMS (Contentful) current by developing content types and extensions
- Increase web scalability, user engagement, and traffic by determining and implementing the best web development standards
- Optimize Samsara.com for performance and accessibility
- Build CMS workflows and architecture for translations, global site updates, and self-serve changes
- Understand the technical constraints of a project, and make pragmatic tradeoffs with stakeholders
- Create outstanding user experiences on both desktop and mobile by collaborating with peers across Design, Marketing and SEO
- Champion, role model, and embed Samsara’s cultural principles (Focus on Customer Success, Build for the Long Term, Adopt a Growth Mindset, Be Inclusive, Win as a Team) as we scale globally and across new offices
Minimum requirements for the role:
- 2+ years in a front-end development role, include portfolio or samples of past work and projects
- Experience with Gulp, Sass, Webpack
- Experience developing sites with headless CMS platforms
- Experience accurately translating designs cross-browser for a variety of screen sizes
- Excellent organizational skills, communication and attention-to-detail
- Experience working with Figma or similar (Sketch and InVision)
An ideal candidate also has:
- Experience with multi-language sites and localization
- Experience with Vue / Nuxt
- Familiarity with Github actions
- Experience driving accessibility (A11y) testing and best practices across engineering and design
- Experience with JAMStack hosting platforms like AWS Amplify, Netlify, Vercel
At Samsara, we welcome everyone regardless of their background, race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, etc. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
Samsara is an inclusive work environment, and we are committed to ensuring equal opportunity in employment for qualified persons with disabilities. Please email email@example.com or click here if you require any reasonable accommodations throughout the recruiting process.
US Only: Please note that Samsara’s COVID-19 vaccination policy requires all team members who will be meeting in person for business or working from one of our offices to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or submit regular testing. People who cannot be vaccinated for qualifying medical conditions, sincerely held religious beliefs, and other legally protected categories, may request an accommodation.
Our target total compensation market position is in the top 25% of all software and hardware companies. Our full time employees receive an above market-rate salary, an outstanding equity offering, employee-led remote and flexible working, health benefits, personal development, Samsara for Good charity fund, and much, much more. Take a look at our Benefits site to learn more.
At Samsara, we have adopted a flexible way of working, enabling teams and individuals to do their best work, regardless of where they’re based. We value in-person collaboration and know a change of scenery and quiet space to work is welcomed from time to time, but also appreciate that the world of work has changed. Our offices remain open for those who prefer to collaborate or work in-office, but we also encourage fully remote applicants. As most roles are not required to be in the office, we are able to hire remotely where Samsara has an established presence. If a role is required to be in a certain location and candidates do not have work authorization for that location, Samsara will conduct an immigration assessment. If the role is not required to be in a specific location, Samsara will move forward with the remote location that works best for the business. All offers of employment are contingent upon an individual’s ability to secure and maintain the legal right to work at the company.