The Merchant Sales Officer (MSO) manages a portfolio of clients and prospects, providing Merchant advisory and positioning and selling solutions that address their Merchant processing needs. The MSO proactively identifies opportunities to grow net new business to the firm, provides high level advisory to deepen relationships with existing clients by working closely with LOB, GTS and the broader Merchant organization. This individual is able to provide a high level of advisory to clients and translate these opportunities into incremental business for the firm.
Candidates should possess a deep understanding of the client’s commerce ecosystem and the ability to consult them on ways to integrate and leverage our suite of solutions effectively. They will work across a matrixed coverage organization to deliver responsible growth and serve as the first point of contact for our bankers, TSOs and leaders on merchant business development, advice and overall portfolio management activities. This position requires travel to in-person meetings with clients, internal partners and senior leaders within the firm. They often are facing off with the C-Suite in companies.
The role also includes all sales administration functions, including developing and maintaining a strong pipeline, pre-call planning, client needs assessments, preparation and presentation of product proposals, price/cost analysis, submission of implementation documentation, ongoing client relationship management and contract renewals. Associates should be available to meet with clients, prospects and teams in person to represent the firm.
- Consultative sales experience with Business Banking, Large Corporate, and/or Commercial Banking clients
- Experience within one of the five key industries across BB, GCB and GCBK: Healthcare & Colleges/Universities,
- Consumer & Retail, Commercial Real Estate, Media & Telecom, and General Industries
- 2-5 years of Core Acquiring (Credit/Debit) industry experience
- 2-5 years of direct sales experience
- 2-5 years of sales/portfolio management experience, including C-level sales.
- Expert knowledge of POS (integrated/standalone) payment interfaces
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Ability to cultivate and strengthen client relationships with senior business and IT staff member
- Ability to technically consult with C-level executives within client environment
- Demonstrated experience working with 3rd party VAR’s / Integrators and payment gateways
- Understanding of PC payment applications, merchant services industry applications, accounting systems, competition/competitive landscape in the payments industry, enterprise resource planning systems (ERP), data security (PCI), file formatting, and data transmissions
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal supervision toward the achievement of personal and team goals.
- Demonstrated effective communication skills, including written, oral and presentation skills.
- Effective planning, prioritization and time management acumen.
- Ability to coach colleagues with less experience and/or knowledge, as necessary.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook, OneNote
- Ability to quickly learn various sales applications
- Bachelors or equivalent preferred
1st shift (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:
Travel: Yes, 50% of the time
Primary Location:194 WOOD AVE S, NJ, Iselin, 08830
Additional Locations:ONE BRYANT PARK, New York, New York, United States 208 Harristown Rd (NJ6503), Glen Rock, New Jersey, United States Applicants with Disabilities
Bank of America is committed to ensuring that our online application process provides an equal employment opportunity to all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an application, please contact us by calling 1.877.760.2076. This is a dedicated line designed exclusively to assist job seekers whose disability prevents them from being able to apply online. Only messages left for this purpose will be considered. A response to your request may take up to two business days.
Please note: Messages left for other purposes such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a response.