In-office locations: Seattle, WA, USA; Mountain View, CA, USA; New York, NY, USA.
Remote location(s): United States.Minimum qualifications:
- 10 years of experience producing technical documentation for a technical audience.
- 5 years of experience with computer networking technologies (e.g., DNS, routers, the BGP routing protocol, firewalls and firewall rules including iptables, Virtual Private Networks and cloud-based services, and load balancers and proxies).
- Experience with HTML or markdown, and experience in a Unix environment.
- Experience with networking or cloud IAAS products.
- Ability to take initiative, and excellent communication and teamwork skills.
- Ability to navigate ambiguity, support multiple projects, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
Our mission is to enable Google Cloud customers to understand, visualize, implement, and operate their Google Cloud networking infrastructure. Our values are user focus, collaboration, mutual respect, humility, creativity, quality, and responsibility.
Cloud Networking is a private network that connects Google’s regional locations to global network points of presence close to users. Google Cloud Platform uses software-defined networking and distributed systems technologies to host and deliver services around the world. Google global Virtual Private Cloud leverages the Google global network to link applications across regions, privately and reliably.
In this role, you will be responsible for working with engineering and product management to document new features. You'll also update the documentation to address customer feedback and internal bug reports. You'll have access to a larger team of writers in the Cloud Information Experience organization, with opportunities to collaborate around tools, process, and innovation.The US base salary range for this full-time position is $121,000-$181,000 + bonus + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.
- Write technical documentation for developers and network and security engineers, including concept docs, how-to guides, and API reference docs.
- Design and organize documentation sets for new features.
- Rewrite and reorganize existing documentation to improve the customer experience.
- Edit, clarify, and proofread documents written by others, and coach non-writers on ways to improve their writing skills.
- Manage complex documentation projects, and take responsibility for the quality of your documentation.