Come create the technology that helps the world act together
Nokia is committed to innovation and technology leadership across mobile, fixed and cloud networks. Your career here will have a positive impact on people’s lives and will help us build the capabilities needed for a more productive, sustainable, and inclusive world.
We challenge ourselves to create an inclusive way of working where we are open to new ideas, empowered to take risks and fearless to bring our authentic selves to work.
The team you'll be part of
Our Business Group is a leader in wireless mobility networks and associated services. With more than 3.500 patent families essential for 5G we have a strong 5G portfolio and are a front runner in open and virtualized radio access networks (O-RAN and vRAN).
You will be leading a new highly specialized R&D squad group in Layer1 (L1) Development Unit in new L1 location. Future R&D Tribe implements DevOps software production systems and real-time signal processing solutions, especially 5G L1 software and creates real products for our customers. Our responsibility area covers full chain of the embedded and real-time SW/DSP development cycle from early requirements analysis to final delivery to our operations and customers. in your role you will be responsible to create a totally new engaged team, starting from hiring. Role includes co-operating with other R&D teams in real-time SW area and planning related work in global multi-site environment.
Join us in shaping the future with our next generation baseband, with exposure to Nokia’s cutting-edge System on Chip (SoC).
L1 is the Physical Layer of networks according to the OSI model. Our team is developing embedded software, which together with the hardware chips makes up the L1 part of the signal processing chain. We are responsible for the baseband processing for Nokia’s 4G and 5G products. Those products go directly to our customers, primarily telecom providers, which use them to serve millions of people with 4G/5G networks. Layer1 is especially important, because it is the first line of defence against data errors which occur when signals are transmitted over the air. Data can be protected and recovered with a series of signal processing operations, which our team is implementing. In addition, our software needs to be highly optimised to serve as many users with as fast speeds and as low power consumption as possible, and with hard real-time processing requirements.
To learn more about our awesome team, click on the link and you will have a clearer perspective of what you can achieve.
What you will learn and contribute to
Are you passionate about developing people and creating real-time software?
As part of future team, your responsibilities will be:
- Recruiting and building a new team to new MN RAN L1 location
- First line people management (competence development, engagement)
- Team operational management (resource, schedule, budget, quality)
- Continuous Improvement management (quality, RCA/EDA, efficiency)
- Technical leadership for delivering SW components and features for own domain based on product backlogs and specifications
- Delivering fully tested SW/HW components with high quality and with full CI & test automation contribution
Your skills and experience
You are proactive and independent. You have great communication skills that allow you to feel comfortable in a team and to motivate colleagues. Our language at work is English, so you are fluent enough. You enjoy learning and continuous improvement.
- Strong experience in software development R&D in global environment
- Experience in people/project management in global environment
- Solid signal processing or physical layer processing and Linux experience
We also appreciate the following:
- R&D operations management experience
- In depth understanding LTE/5G system and L1 technology area
- Strong R&D background on managing product quality
- Background in automated testing and real-time systems
What we offer
Nokia offers flexible and hybrid working schemes, continuous learning opportunities, well-being programs to support you mentally and physically, opportunities to join and get supported by employee resource groups, mentoring programs and highly diverse teams with an inclusive culture where people thrive and are empowered.
You'll have a chance to work on challenging and rewarding tasks with world leading experts in a work culture where you will feel valued, trusted, and empowered.
Join us in creating the world’s best 5G system and building the future of mobile networks!
Nokia is committed to inclusion and is an equal opportunity employer
Nokia has received the following recognitions for its commitment to inclusion & equality:
- One of the World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere
- Gender-Equality Index by Bloomberg
- Workplace Pride Global Benchmark
- LGBT+ equality & best place to work by HRC Foundation
At Nokia, we act inclusively and respect the uniqueness of people.
Nokia’s employment decisions are made regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
We are committed to a culture of inclusion built upon our core value of respect.
Join us and be part of a company where you will feel included and empowered to succeed.