Are you looking to expand upon your finance & accounting (F&A) background in a fast-paced and dynamic deal environment? Deloitte M&A Services is the recognized marketplace leader among large professional services firms in providing merger, acquisition, and divestiture services to corporate strategic buyers and private equity investors. We work with clients on the full range of deal execution issues, including due diligence, tax and accounting structuring, merger integration and post transaction considerations. Our multi-disciplinary approach combines M&A, industry and other function specialists to provide fact-based answers and objective feedback geared to minimizing risk and increasing returns
Work you'll do
As a Manager in our finance & accounting M&A integration and separation practice, you will work directly with Chief Financial Officers, Controllers, Chief Accounting Officers, and other Finance leaders to plan for and execute their most strategic transactions while navigating technical and operational finance & accounting matters. You will provide a perspective and leverage leading Deloitte solutions related to executing and accounting for the transaction, defining the future state finance operating model, and developing and executing a plan to operate as a newly integrated or separated company.
You will be viewed as a leader on a client engagement team and responsible for working with the engagement leadership team to develop client-specific content and present and facilitate discussions & workshops with client executives. You will also be responsible for energizing and guiding a team of Analysts, Consultants, and Senior Consultants both in-person and virtually, including offshore resources.
The Deloitte M&A Services team has an in-depth and unmatched understanding of the end-to-end M&A life cycle. Our experience advising with some of the largest transactions in market history as a firm and access to our global network of advisors means we have the capabilities to help clients confidently pursue strategic transactions across all aspects of their business.
Learn more about Deloitte's Mergers and Acquisition practice.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, or a related field with 7 years of progressive, post-baccalaureate work experience
- Strong working knowledge of U.S. GAAP and end-to-end finance and accounting business processes
- Strong working knowledge of M&A transaction life cycle, with a focus on the integration and separation components of the life cycle
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with extensive experience developing and delivering executive-level presentations
- Experience managing, developing, motivating, and coaching team members
- Strong level of knowledge, comfort, and experience with PowerPoint and Excel
- CPA, CIA, CFA or PMP or other relevant certifications required
- Willingness and ability to accommodate unpredictable and last-minute travel. While 50% of travel is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future
- MBA or Master's degree in Accounting, Finance or Information Technology
- Big 4 or strategic consulting firm experience
- Experience playing a leadership or contributor role on a transaction integration team or large transformation program (e.g., M&A integration/separation, ERP system implementation, finance process transformation)
- Working experience in project management, including project management tools and techniques such as developing a project plan, milestone plan, dependency identification, status reporting, and issue resolution
You may also be eligible to participate in a discretionary annual incentive program, subject to the rules governing the program, whereby an award, if any, depends on various factors, including, without limitation, individual and organizational performance.
For individuals assigned and/or hired to work in Colorado, Deloitte is required by law to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role. This compensation range is specific to the State of Colorado and takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including but not limited to skill sets; experience and training; licensure and certifications; and delivery model. We would not anticipate that the individual hired into this role would land at or near the top end of the range, but such a decision will be dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the range is $69,930 to $139,615.
What impact will you make? Deloitte is one of the largest professional services firms, which means that we touch nearly every aspect of business.... Read more