Industry/Sector: Not Applicable
Time Type: Full time
Travel Requirements: Up to 20%
A career in Information Technology, within Internal Firm Services, will provide you with the opportunity to support our core business functions by deploying applications that enable our people to work more efficiently and deliver the highest levels of service to our clients. You’ll focus on managing the design and implementation of technology infrastructure within PwC, developing and enhancing both client and internal facing applications within PwC, and providing technology tools that help create a competitive advantage for the Firm to drive strategic business growth. Our Information Technology Project Management team collaborates with PwC practice leaders to develop and deliver technology solutions. We provide project management oversight and collaborate with various project resources and vendors to ensure the appropriate methodology is followed, deliverable quality is high, and satisfaction is achieved. Simply put, you’ll solve business problems using technology, work with multiple teams concurrently, and be able to take pride in end to end ownership of a project.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Director, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Support team to disrupt, improve and evolve ways of working when necessary.
- Arrange and sponsor appropriate assignments and experiences to help people realise their potential and support their long-term aspirations.
- Identify gaps in the market and spot opportunities to create value propositions.
- Look for opportunities to scale efficiencies and new ways of working across multiple projects and environments.
- Create an environment where people and technology thrive together to accomplish more than they could apart.
- I promote and encourage others to value difference when working in diverse teams.
- Drive and take ownership for developing connections that help deliver what is best for our people and stakeholders.
- Influence and facilitate the creation of long-term relationships which add value to the firm.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
Preferred Fields of Study:
Information Technology, Computer Systems Analysis, Management Information Systems
Additional Educational Preferences:
In lieu of a Bachelor Degree, 12 years of professional experience involving technology-focused process improvements, transformations, and/or system implementations.
Demonstrating thought leader-level abilities with, and/or a proven record of success directing efforts in product development life cycles, client management, product management, contract adherence product delivery, managing and delivering programs, and product teams that manage internal and global network of professional services firms, including the following areas:
- Facilitating the effective use of staff to establish the smooth/efficient operation of the application portfolio, with proper controls, to minimize down-time due to system issues;
- Partnering with the leadership team to drive strategy and tactical execution;
- Building relationships within the team and with internal and external partners to establish strategic alignment and prioritization;
- Familiarizing with PwC's Risk & Independence Solutions to understand the business use and technology dependencies;
- Managing multiple products and projects simultaneously;
- Leveraging experience in all phases (development, execution, and operations) of product delivery;
- Understanding business and client needs and determining overall strategic product objectives;
- Developing and managing product roadmap across a portfolio of initiatives, including managing dependencies between products;
- Managing product scrum of scrums and sprint cycles;
- Leading a team of product managers who are focused on defining detailed product requirements and specifications;
- Collaborating with development/technology leaders to establish alignment between technology architecture and product objectives;
- Developing multi-level relationships with stakeholders and team members to establish project delivery goals are met as planned;
- Identifying, managing, resolving, and mitigating key risks and issues impacting the project delivery; and,
- Confirming new services have a fully developed end to end support structure, including Processes, Service Level Agreements (SLAs), Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), and monitoring commensurate with business requirements and priorities.
Demonstrating thought leader-level abilities with, and/or a proven record of success directing efforts, preferably for a global network of professional services firms, in the following areas:
- Maintaining and monitoring budgets across the portfolio in line through the product lifecycle;
- Acting as a gatekeeper function that establishes effective transfer to Operations in compliance with the transition process for all new solutions introduced;
- Monitoring the completion of fully documented solutions which are updated and maintained throughout the lifecycle of the product;
- Establishing that appropriate lifecycle resourcing, training, tooling, support, and documentation is delivered with a formal project sign-off from all key stakeholders;
- Working with Project and product Managers, Business Owners, Service Owners, Development teams, Partners, Operations teams, and 3rd parties to establish that transition activities are executed and successful;
- Establishing that any new third party contracts contain an agreed support schedule which aligns with the proposed support model and is backed up with SLAs managed through regular service reviews including commercials / SOWs are established and maintained;
- Defining and delivering the end to end support model with all key stakeholders across multiple delivery organizations;
- Ensuring all operational support material is completed to a high standard by all relevant Design and Service Transition functions; and,
- Establishing an effective set of performance metrics and service levels are delivered for new products.
Minimum years experience required
- 8 year(s) of progressive roles leading IT project management and strategy development.
Additional application instructions
At PwC, our work model includes three ways of working: virtual, in-person, and flex (a hybrid of in-person and virtual). Visit the following link to learn more: https://pwc.to/ways-we-work.
PwC does not intend to hire experienced or entry level job seekers who will need, now or in the future, PwC sponsorship through the H-1B lottery, except as set forth within the following policy: https://pwc.to/H-1B-Lottery-Policy.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at PwC without regard to race; creed; color; religion; national origin; sex; age; disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; genetic predisposition or carrier status; veteran, marital, or citizenship status; or any other status protected by law. PwC is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.
For positions based in San Francisco, consideration of qualified candidates with arrest and conviction records will be in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For positions in Colorado, visit the following link for information related to Colorado's Equal Pay for Equal Work Act: https://pwc.to/coloradoifsdirector.