Travel Requirements: Up to 100%
A career within PwC Private will provide the opportunity to help private companies with a range of business advisory needs such as audit, tax compliance, and planning to help improve their operational efficiency and to free up time that can be spent focusing on business strategy. You’ll have the opportunity to experience the entire business life cycle of a private company from inception to growth, maturity and transition. Our team helps our clients design and implement personal and customised service plans that are unique to privately owned entities, entrepreneurs, and high net worth individuals. You’ll be assisting the team focus on key issues like wealth management, compliance, cash flow management, equity expansion, divestiture and exit strategies.' Our PwC Private teams help entrepreneurs, private business owners and family enterprises manage their ownership and growth at every stage, in a way that fits the needs of their business in today's changing global landscape.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As an Intern / Trainee, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Be curious and try new things.
- Learn about how PwC works as a business and adds value to clients.
- Think broadly and ask questions about data, facts and other information.
- Support research, analysis and problem solving using a variety of tools and techniques.
- Produce high quality work which adheres to the relevant professional standards.
- Keep up-to-date with technical developments for area of specialism.
- Handle, manipulate and analyse data and information responsibly.
- Communicate confidently in a clear, concise and articulate manner - verbally and in materials produced.
- Embrace different points of view and welcome opposing and conflicting ideas.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
An Intern’s role in supporting tax services in PwC's tax practice:
- Participate in select phases of engagements;
- Research tax law, rules and regulations, analyze their application and draft memorandums to defend decisions and/or outline solutions to those issues;
- Support select projects; demonstrate creative thinking and initiative while working as a team member
- Proactively seek guidance, clarification and feedback; and,
- Demonstrate flexibility in prioritizing and completing tasks.
Job Requirements and Preferences:
Minimum Degree Required:
Required Fields of Study:
Minimum Years of Experience:
Before starting with PwC full-time, meet all educational requirements to be eligible for the primary credential license appropriate for relevant practice area, such as meeting all educational requirements to satisfy the 150 credit hour requirement necessary for the CPA license in the state in which your office will be located, or provide documentation satisfactory to the Firm that your CPA license can be obtained in the state in which your office will be located through reciprocity based on either a CPA license held, or CPA exam passed, in another state.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
Demonstrated ability to communicate (i.e., read, write, speak) with business level fluency in Korean and English.
Additional Educational Preferences:
Preferred cumulative GPA: 3.0
Preferred major GPA: 3.0
Client service intern positions are entry-level and job seekers are traditionally either in their 3rd year of a 4 year degree program or in the 4th year of a 5 year program. Client service interns typically join us during the winter/spring or summer prior to their intended graduation year.
Demonstrates basic abilities and/or a proven record of success in the following areas:
- Researching and analyzing tax laws, rules and regulations, pertinent client, industry, and technical matters;
- Interacting with various levels of client and firm management through both written and verbal communications; and,
- Demonstrating self-motivation and desire to take responsibility for personal growth and career development.
Possesses a desire to pursue a career in Tax. As a tax technical professional, has experience researching business and industry trends to develop a point of view to leverage in assisting with proposals.
Demonstrates exposure with automation & digitization in a professional services environment including but not limited to:
- Innovating through new and existing technologies, along with experimenting with digitization solutions; and,
- Working with large, complex data sets to build models and leverage data visualization tools.
We are transforming the way we deliver tax services. Find out more about what we do on our Tax Career Page at pwc.to/whatwedotax
Learn more about how we work: https://pwc.to/how-we-work
PwC does not intend to hire experienced or entry level job seekers who will need, now or in the future, PwC sponsorship through the H-1B lottery, except as set forth within the following policy: https://pwc.to/H-1B-Lottery-Policy.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at PwC without regard to race; creed; color; religion; national origin; sex; age; disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; genetic predisposition or carrier status; veteran, marital, or citizenship status; or any other status protected by law. PwC is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.
For positions in California, Colorado, Hawaii, Nevada, New York State, or Washington State, or for opportunities that will report to a supervisor, office or other work site in New York State, please visit the following link for pay range information: https://pwc.to/payrange-v1-taxintern