Helix is a personal genomics company with a simple but powerful mission: empower every person to improve their life through DNA. Transparency, collaboration, and empowerment drive them, and they're looking for people who are confident by also eager to listen and learn. If you enjoy critical thinking & problem-solving, you could have real impact at a growing company with a meaningful vision - and you'll have fun. Helix offers their employees benefits like:
You + Helix
Helix is a place where innovators and doers gather in order to drive significant progress in population genomics. We have come together to work at the intersection of clinical care, research, and genomics.
If you’re excited by the idea of making a meaningful impact and joining a team where we pride ourselves on driving innovation through fostering an environment with an emphasis on empowering one another to grow, Helix might be the place for you!
Helix + The World
Our end-to-end population genomics platform enables health systems, life sciences companies, and payers to advance genomic research and accelerate the integration of genomic data into routine clinical care. We support all aspects of population genomics from recruitment to translational research and help our partners use genomics to improve health outcomes, increase patient engagement, and lower costs. Leading health systems, including Renown Health, AdventHealth, and Mayo Clinic, use our population genomics platform to power some of the world’s largest and fastest-growing population genomics initiatives.
For the COVID-19 public health crisis, Helix has built one of the nation’s largest COVID diagnostic labs and has been on the leading edge of national viral surveillance efforts tracking B.1.1.7 and other viral strains.
What’s important to us:
- Curiosity — we are all passionate about the possibilities enabled by having access to your own genome
- Responsibility — we have an obligation to people and our partners to operate with highly credible research guided by well respected advisors, with clear and effective communication about our products
- Agility — flexibility and a desire to be nimble, smart, and effective are important to the Helix culture
- Follow-through — we’re building a diverse team with amazing track records of achievement in multidisciplinary environments
What is special about this Role:
Applying your experience and skills to build and deploy a microservice or new data workflow while playing a key role in team mentorship; solutions that will have an impact on Helix Engineering and the world.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will:
- Design systems for enterprise usage in our genomics and data applications.
- Collaborate with product managers, bioinformaticians, scientists, regulatory, and other engineers.
- Be hands on with code to build and deploy for reliability and scale across users and health systems.
- Mentor other engineers to reinforce a culture of learning and teaching.
- Familiarity with developing software on cloud platforms — AWS or similar
- Affinity for an engineering culture that emphasizes agile, DevOps, and continuous delivery
- A proven track record of successful projects
- BS+ in Computer Science; coursework in genetics or bioinformatics
- Familiarity with regulated software systems and entities
- Familiarity with full-stack development
What Helix can offer you:
- Competitive compensation, including meaningful equity
- Health insurance, including medical, dental, and vision
- 12 weeks of Maternity or Paternity leave
- 4 weeks of paid Pregnancy Disability
- Flexible PTO
Helix is an equal opportunity employer.