There is a place for you at T. Rowe Price to grow, contribute, learn, and make a difference. We are a premier asset manager focused on delivering global investment management excellence and retirement services that investors can rely on today and in the future. The work we do matters. We invite you to explore the opportunity to join us and grow your career with us.
The T Rowe Price Individual Investors technology team is looking for an experienced Lead Software Engineer to join us as we develop world class digital client experiences for our clients. The team is responsible for secure client-direct websites that deliver service and transaction capabilities.
This is a hands-on, full development lifecycle role which provides an opportunity to solve complex business, logic, data and technical challenges.
You’ll work with smart, talented people across our business. We will expect you to be agile, to lead, to think outside the box. In return, we’ll give you challenging work that has an impact, opportunities to learn and grow, and a collaborative culture that encourages every member of our team to bring their point of view to the table—because that’s how we help our clients succeed.
This role follows a hybrid work model with 2 days in the Owings Mills office and 3 days remote.
- Designs and develops IT architecture (integrated process, applications, data, and technology) solutions to business problems in alignment with the enterprise architecture direction and standards.
- Performs technical planning, architecture development, and modification of specifications.
- Develops specifications for new products/services, applications, and service offerings.
- Assesses the compatibility and integration of products/services proposed as standards in order to ensure an integrated architecture across interdependent technologies.
Role Summary and Responsibilities:
- Demonstrates master hands-on capability to drive components to delivery
- Recommends and contributes to software engineering best practices, including those that have enterprise-wide impact
- Accountable for the quality, TCO, maintainability and security of a component or application
- Capable of leading regular, ongoing development projects and teams
- Accountable for the quality, TCO, maintainability and security of key components or applications Contributes to specific elements of the GTS Technical strategy
- Demonstrates deep knowledge of products/flows within supported businesses
- Makes decisions that are cognizant of the firm’s broader business strategy and future priorities
- Recommends solutions aligned with Global Technology and business unit strategies
- BS or MS degree in a technical discipline and 8+ years of progressive Software Engineering and Leadership.
- Experience in designing and building client-direct websites and relevant back-end services.
- React, Angular, Java Script, Java Spring Boot
- Desire and motivation to stay abreast of industry trends and technologies and knowledge of when/how/if to apply them appropriately
- Ability to converse in many technologies and learns new technologies quickly
- Demonstrated deep experience in automated testing and techniques
- Proven ability to define testing strategy for products and ensures adherence to strategy
- Experience setting standards for code reviews
- Successful track record in debugging any system, even those not written by themselves
- Ability to perform as an expert in multiple parts of the software lifecycle (e.g., coding, testing, development) and coaches other around such practices
- Oversight of the all development activities on assigned projects
- Ownership of technical debt for multiple components or systems
- Ability to provide clear and concise explanation of business strategy, technical concepts, designs or implementation to a non-technical audience
FINRA licenses are not required and will not be supported for this role.
Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
We strive for equity, equality, and opportunity for all associates. When we embrace the power of diversity and create an environment where people can bring their authentic and best selves to work, our firm is stronger, and we create greater value for our clients. Our commitment and inclusive programming aim to lift the experience for each associate and builds allies for our global associate community. We know that a sense of belonging is key not only to your success at the firm, but also to your ability to bring your best each day.
We invest in our people through a wide range of programs and benefits, including:
- Competitive pay and bonuses as well as a generous retirement plan and employee stock purchase plan with matching contributions
- Flexible and remote work opportunities
- Health care benefits (medical, dental, vision)
- Tuition assistance
- Wellness programs (fitness reimbursement, Employee Assistance Program)
Our policies may change as our working lives evolve. Yet, our commitment to supporting our associates’ well-being and addressing the needs of our clients, business, and communities is unwavering.T. Rowe Price is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity of thought, gender, and race. We believe our continued success depends upon the equal treatment of all associates and applicants for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, religion, creed, colour, national origin, sex, gender, age, mental or physical disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship status, military or veteran status, pregnancy, or any other classification protected by country, federal, state, or local law.