Stem enables independent artists to build their businesses. Our tools empower indie musicians and their teams to distribute music, collect royalties from streaming platforms, pay their collaborators, and take out advances on their future earnings.
This role is full-time and fully remote, with occasional optional get-togethers in Los Angeles for which we cover travel/lodging for out-of-town employees.
Stem Disintermedia is led by a driven & collaborative team from diverse backgrounds, including senior professionals from UTA, PeerStreet, Hired, Apple Music, and FlashFunders. Our highly-strategic group of investors and senior advisors include former COO of Venmo Michael Vaughan, Acorns board member and former Wealthfront CEO Adam Nash, Carta CEO Henry Ward, Quality Control Music (Cardi B, the Migos and Lil Yachty) co-founder and COO Kevin "Coach K" Lee, Three Six Zero CEO Mark Gillespie, two-time NBC All-Star Baron Davis and WndrCo. Our employees include musicians, parents, activists, artists, and more - what unites us are our shared values, commitment to exceptional communication, and belief in Stem’s mission.
What you'll do:
- Drive the design and development of our lending, payments and royalties system
- Build the interfaces used by our artists and their teams to manage content and earnings
- Collect earnings data and allocate payments to joint royalty shareholders
- Build the system to underwrite, originate and recoup advances
- Design and build tools for analyzing, reporting, and visualizing earnings data
- Integrate with external payments and accounting systems
- Write well-tested code
- Mentor other engineers
- Help independent musicians stay independent, by bringing fintech to music!
Our ideal candidate has:
- 5 or more years of development experience
- Worked in fintech
- A connection with artists, writers, makers, or other imaginative creators
- A continuous improvement mindset
- Diverse views and experience, as well as a tendency to include others
- An empathetic attitude
- An instinct to encourage collaboration and team-building
- Experience mentoring others and a desire to have mentors
Technologies we use:
- PostgreSQL, RabbitMQ
- Git, Athena, AWS, Docker, Terraform, Apache Airflow
Don't match every skill listed here? Almost nobody does! Think you're a good fit anyway? Please let us know.
- Competitive compensation package including equity for all full-time employees. We maintain salary brackets for all career tracks to ensure equitable salaries across the company.
- 100% premiums covered for employee medical, dental, and vision (60% for dependents)
- Company 401(k) match up to 4%
- Unlimited paid time off
- Student loan paydown program
- Excellent parental leave policies
**Stem is an equal opportunity employer, and more than that, actively strives to build and nurture a diverse, inclusive, and equitable team. We celebrate differences and screen for shared values rather than culture fit. We are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.**