Country:United States of America
Location:HNC34: US107-Winston-Salem (Fairchild 1455 Fairchild Road , Winston-Salem, NC, 27105 USA
Position Role Type:Onsite
Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry.
Our Interiors team is focused on innovation, safety and cost efficiency. But we don’t just get people from point A to point B. We’re committed to making air travel more comfortable, connected and secure. As a leader in aviation interior products and services we’re helping airlines and original equipment manufacturers create a positive experience for their customers.
We are hiring for a Senior Mechanical Design Engineer within our seating team. The candidate will be responsible for designing major components or major portions of functional systems, technically advanced prototypes, and promotional or specific products using computer design and engineering systems. Developing or improving products and facilitates manufacturing operations. Developing data and makes layouts, sketches, and notes for design proposals. Investigate pertinent design factors such as ease of manufacture, availability of materials and equipment, interchangeability, replace ability, strength-weight efficiency, and contractual specification requirements and cost. Designs, develops and tests metallic or non-metallic structures or materials and their related fabrication processes for use in engineering designs.
- Reviews completed layouts and drawings to ensure clarity, completeness, conformity to standards, procedures, specifications, and accuracy of calculations and dimensioning.
- Communicates with the other engineering personnel to coordinate the interrelated design and ensure project completion.
- Designs and reviews layouts of components, calculates stack-up of detail components, and performs major cost studies consisting of new details and/or marked prints and all supporting documentation, when necessary, to facilitate operations and ensure that established objectives and budgets are achieved.
- Resolves design problems of difficult-to-complex scope to ensure project completion.
- Designs new products and processes and improves and maintains existing products to help create better products or processes and ensure that the current and future needs of the business are met.
- Provides technical leadership and when required, assists in training less experienced engineers to help them diagnose and solve problems and build capabilities.
- Participate in groups to design and implement common procedures and standard work across the organization to optimize efficiency and quality.
- Develops data and makes layouts, sketches, and notes necessary to present design proposal.
- Performs ongoing weight analyses to ensure design meets contractual weight requirements while maintaining structural integrity.
- Typically requires a degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) unless prohibited by local laws/regulations and minimum 5 years prior relevant experience or an Advanced Degree in a related field and minimum 3 years of experience or in absence of a degree, 9 years of relevant experience
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S. without sponsorship now or in the future. RTX will not offer sponsorship for this position
- Prior experience in the design of mechanical systems for commercial aircraft seating products is a plus.
- Experience in design using Siemens NX or other 3D CAD softwares
- Experience working with Teamcenter or other Product Data Management (PDM) tools
- Experience working with Design for Manufacturing and Assembly (DFMA) principles.
- Familiarity with FAA requirements
Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio, and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
At Collins Aerospace, our Interiors team is focused on innovation, safety and cost efficiency. But we don’t just get people from point A to point B. We’re committed to making air travel more comfortable, connected and secure. As a leader in aviation interior products and services, we’re helping airlines and original equipment manufacturers create a positive experience for their customers. With offices and manufacturing facilities in more than 12 states across the U.S. and more than 10 countries around the globe, we’re changing the game of aircraft interiors. Are you ready to join our team?
Collins Aerospace Diversity & Inclusion Statement:
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
WE ARE REDEFINING AEROSPACE.
* Please consider the following role type definitions as you apply for this role.
Onsite: Employees who are working in Onsite roles will work primarily onsite. This includes all production and maintenance employees, as they are essential to the development of our products.
Regardless of your role type, collaboration and innovation are critical to our business and all employees will have access to digital tools so they can work with colleagues around the world – and access to Collins sites when their work requires in-person meetings.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution, including a Lifetime Income Strategy option
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Student Loan Repayment Program
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- Optional coverages you can buy: pet insurance, home and auto insurance, additional life and accident insurance, critical illness insurance, group legal, ID theft protection
- Birth, adoption, parental leave benefits
- Ovia Health, fertility, and family planning
- Adoption Assistance
- Autism Benefit
- Employee Assistance Plan, including up to 10 free counseling sessions
- Healthy You Incentives, wellness rewards program
- Doctor on Demand, virtual doctor visits
- Bright Horizons, child and elder care services
- Teladoc Medical Experts, second opinion program
- And more!
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screen only performed on re-hires who have been gone for more than 1 year
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
RTX is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms