At UnitedHealthcare, we’re simplifying the health care experience, creating healthier communities and removing barriers to quality care. The work you do here impacts the lives of millions of people for the better. Come build the health care system of tomorrow, making it more responsive, affordable and equitable. Ready to make a difference? Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
This position is accountable for the day-day development and management of financial models and performance as it relates to business goals and objectives in the Oklahoma Community & State health plan. This position will work with key leaders to ensure that the business is operating effectively, with sound financial analysis, and with appropriate financial and operating controls in place.
- Confirms compliance with the SoonerSelect program regulatory requirements (e.g., quarterly/annual filings) and other program operational areas (e.g., rate changes, fee-schedule changes, revenue reconciliation, reporting) and oversees all audit activities
- Develops, performs and manages analyses of business/financial metrics and performance measures and reports financial and operational data to region/site leaders
- Develops and maintains financial reports to clearly communicate actual results, forecasted performance, and variances to plan, forecast and budget
- Works closely with health plan executives to develop, recommend and establish strategies, plans and processes to improve profitability and cost efficiencies
- Leads the financial management of capital, operating expense and develops metrics, benchmarks, and analytics to guide the appropriate investment in infrastructure
- Establishes detailed budgets and identifies, quantifies, and prioritizes strategic initiatives to realize these budgets
- Assists with trend analysis and forecasting
- Assists with development and operationalizing medical cost reporting
- Engages in monthly close process
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
RELOCATION IS AVAILABLE
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or equivalent field
- 8+ years of broad experience in multiple Finance disciplines
- Experience reporting to Executive Leadership in a strategic partnership capacity
- Advanced knowledge of Health Care industry (2+ years minimum of healthcare finance experience)
- Solid working knowledge of financial systems, statements and reports
- MBA or CPA
- Medicaid and/or Medicare experience
- Demonstrated success partnering with leading and influencing multiple teams responsible for complex operations
- Ability to complete complex projects and influence change in complicated, fast paced, matrix environment
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Work with a Fortune 5 organization that’s serving millions of people as we transform health care with bold ideas. Bring your energy for driving change for the better. Help us improve health access and outcomes for everyone, as we work to advance health equity, connecting people with the care they need to feel their best. As an industry leader, our commitment to improving lives is second to none.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone-of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income-deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes - an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
UnitedHealth Group is a health care and well-being company with a mission to help people live healthier lives and help make the health system work... Read more