- Bachelor's degree in a related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience editing and managing customer-facing technical content for a developer/technical-practitioner audience.
- Experience with code hosting platforms.
- Proficiency with HTML and Markdown.
- Familiarity with cloud technologies (e.g. Google Cloud).
Technical writers plan, create, and maintain educational content as an integral part of the engineering or user experience. The content is often in the form of documentation, but may also be UI text, sample code, videos, or other educational material. Regardless of the content medium, technical writers are distinguished by their abilities to explain complex topics in a way that’s useful to their audience.
Google Cloud accelerates organizations’ ability to digitally transform their business with the best infrastructure, platform, industry solutions and expertise. We deliver enterprise-grade solutions that leverage Google’s cutting-edge technology – all on the cleanest cloud in the industry. Customers in more than 200 countries and territories turn to Google Cloud as their trusted partner to enable growth and solve their most critical business problems.
- Edit technical content for the Google Cloud community, customers, and prospective customers. Work closely with the writing, development, sales, marketing teams, partners, and other internal groups.
- Manage ongoing updates, set, and own all deadlines.
- Understand, know, and update standards, templates, editorial guidelines, and globalization best practices.