Optum, the fast-growing part of UnitedHealth Group, is a leading information and technology-enabled health services business. Our teams are dedicated to modernizing the health care system and improving the lives of people and communities.
Do you want to impact decisions to help people live healthier lives? Do you want to become an innovative Data Engineer who thrives on developing new solutions to solve tough challenges?
We want to achieve more in our mission of health care, and so we have to be really smart about the business of health care. At Optum, we're changing the landscape of our industry. You will put your technical skills to work as you empower business partners and team members improve healthcare delivery. You will research cutting edge big data tools, and design innovative solutions to solve business problems that only a Data Engineer can.
Careers with Optum offer flexible work arrangements and individuals who live and work in the Republic of Ireland will have the opportunity to split their monthly work hours between our Dublin office and telecommuting from a home-based office.
About the role:
You will be part of team in our Dublin office that is focused on developing a new, cutting-edge big-data analytic platform and that will support advanced machine learning models to improve health outcomes for our members. You will be working on the most innovative data solutions with popular data frameworks in the industry like Apache Spark, Kafka, Presto, etc... You will be an important member of a team focused on innovation; developing proofs of concepts that leverage data in new and exciting ways. It will give you a great opportunity to get into the Data world and learn best practices in the industry.
You'll be working on vital projects that have strategic importance to our mission of helping people live healthier lives. Yes, we share a mission that inspires. And we need your organizational talents and business discipline to help fuel that mission.
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or other technology related fields, or a specialized certificate in a technology related field.
- Currently in final year of obtaining a Bachelor’s/Associate Degree from an accredited University or graduated with a Bachelor's/Associate Degree in 2020.
- Please note you must currently be eligible to work and remain indefinitely without any restrictions in the country to which you are making an application. Proof will be required to support your application.
- Data Technologies: Spark, Kafka, SQL Server, MySQL, Graph databases like Neo4j or TigerGraph
- Programming Languages: Scala, Python, SQL, Java
- Cloud and Deployment Technologies: Docker, Jenkins, Helm, Kubernetes, Azure
- Minimum 2.1 Honors Degree in Computer Science, Data Analytics or a Technology-related field (Other Degrees are considered when accompanied by an aptitude or interest in technology)
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.SM
All telecommuters will be required to adhere to the UnitedHealth Group's Telecommuter Policy.