Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data and resources they need to feel their best. Here, you will find a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, talented peers, comprehensive benefits and career development opportunities. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as you help us advance health equity on a global scale. Join us to start Caring. Connecting. Growing together.
This opportunity is with one of our most exciting business areas: Optum - a growing part of our family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group a Fortune 5 leader.
The ideal candidate will have strong hands-on core Java, JEE, Web services, SOA and AWS skills, excellent problem solving and design skills and ability to lead a small team of developers.
The candidate should also demonstrate a history of on time delivery, excellent communication, and a positive get-it-done attitude. Healthcare domain expertise and experience working in Agile driven development projects and AWS cloud migration is must.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to work remotely * from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Design, develop, document, integrate, test and deliver scripts, code and other services employing agile DevOps project life-cycle methodologies, processes procedures, in AWS cloud environment
- Works collaboratively with technical and business team members to develop and maintain business solutions following agile development principles and practices
- Is influential and engages actively in building out a dynamic and productive development organization and continuously improving practices and methodology
- Designs and develops applications with an eye towards simplicity, reliability, manageability, scalability, extensibility, performance and re-use
- Sets and adheres to software coding, best practices and style guides to ensure consistency
- Participates in code reviews
- Support (second level) and troubleshoot problems with existing applications
- Mentors and guides others who are still developing their skills
- Assisting developers apply best practices to ensure fully working test, training and production environments using Gitlab-CI, Docker, AWS tools and technologies and Ansible/Puppet. Designing, building and maintaining monitoring and testing infrastructure for our systems
- Maintain end-to-end security ensuring best practices are always implemented
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years software development with hands-on experience in Java/Core JEE platform
- 3+ years of experience in designing solutions using one or more AWS features, tools and technologies such as EC2, EBS, Glacier, S3, ELB, CloudFormation, Lambda, CloudWatch, VPC, RDS, Direct Connect, AWS CLI, REST API, AWS billing, Service Catalogs and DynamoDB
- In-depth understanding of other JEE technologies, including NoSQL, JDBC, JMS and spring, Hibernate or any other ORM tools experience
- Hands on experience with Web Services (RESTful APIs / JSON, SOAP, XML-RPC, etc.)
- Thorough understanding of Object-Oriented principles (Analysis and Design)
- Thorough understanding of DevOps culture
- Thorough understanding of NoSQL database
- Proven solid XML skills, Unit test frameworks and Databases experience (Oracle and Mark logic preferred)
- Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services CMS experience
- Federal Government experience
Careers with Optum. Our objective is to make health care simpler and more effective for everyone. With our hands at work across all aspects of health, you can play a role in creating a healthier world, one insight, one connection and one person at a time. We bring together some of the greatest minds and ideas to take health care to its fullest potential, promoting health equity and accessibility. Work with diverse, engaged and high-performing teams to help solve important challenges.
California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New York, Rhode Island, or Washington Residents Only: The salary range for California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New York, Rhode Island or Washington residents is $85,000 to $167,300. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All employees working remotely will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
UnitedHealth Group is a health care and well-being company with a mission to help people live healthier lives and help make the health system work... Read more