Business Intelligence Developer - Remote
Optum, the fastest growing part of UnitedHealth Group, is a leading information and technology-enabled health services business. Our teams are dedicated to modernising the health care system and improving the lives of people and communities.
Serving virtually every dimension of the health system, we work with a diverse set of clients across 150 countries – from those who diagnose and treat patients to those who pay for care, deliver health services, and those who supply the cures. Optum maintains operations across North America, South America, Europe, Asia Pacific and the Middle East. Our innovative partnerships provide technology and tools that enable unprecedented collaboration and efficiency. As a result, we can tap into valuable health care data to uncover insights and develop strategies for better care at lower costs.
About the role:
Do you want to impact decisions to help people live healthier lives? Are you an innovative Business Intelligence developer who thrives on developing new solutions to solve tough challenges?
We want to achieve more in our mission of health care, and so we have to be really smart about the business of health care. At Optum, we're changing the landscape of our industry. You will put your Business Intelligence skills to work as you empower business partners and team members improve healthcare delivery.
You will be part of newly formed team in our Dublin office and will be responsible for developing cutting-edge Business Intelligence solutions. You will also work closely with our Data Science and Data Engineering teams to develop a new, big-data analytic platform and that will support advanced machine learning models to improve health outcomes for our members.
With this role you must make solid recommendations based on analysis and provide explanations to our internal customers. You must be self-directed and creative as you will deal with some very interesting and complex issues. As a key resource to others you must maintain a high degree of accuracy along with attention to detail, excellent oral and written communication skills, strong interpersonal skills and the ability to always meet deadlines.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to build dashboards to improve business performance
- Interact with internal customers to effectively design, implement, operationalize and document reporting that accurately captures business requirements
- Work collaboratively with business partners, SMEs, BAs and Testers to ensure a shared understanding of business requirements
- Manage implementation of reporting enhancements and changes
- Develop and maintain documentation that chronicles processes related to previous analytic activities and associated results
- Communicate with various functional areas and translate technical concepts in ways that can be understood by a variety of audiences, both verbally and in writing
You will be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role, as well as providing development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High level of expertise with Data Visualisation (Tableau)
- Extensive SQL experience, including experience with various database technologies (e.g. Oracle, Microsoft SqlSvr, DB2)
- Experience performing data analysis and report development
- Experience with data blending tools (such as Alteryx)
- Advanced presentation and communication skills, with the ability to present complex data to non-technical audiences
- High attention to detail, with the ability to juggle and meet deadlines
- Knowledge of DevOps tools, including JIRA & Git
- Agile development methodology
- Understanding of HIVE, SPARK, and components within Big data architecture
- Exposure to Machine Learning models / projects
- Existing experience within Healthcare / Pharmacy environments
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organisation around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.SM
All telecommuters will be required to adhere to the UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.