To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Job CategoryCorporate Functions
We’re Salesforce, the Customer Company, inspiring the future of business with AI+ Data +CRM. Leading with our core values, we help companies across every industry blaze new trails and connect with customers in a whole new way. And, we empower you to be a Trailblazer, too — driving your performance and career growth, charting new paths, and improving the state of the world. If you believe in business as the greatest platform for change and in companies doing well and doing good – you’ve come to the right place.
Principal Executive Assistant, Office of the CEO
Salesforce Executive Assistants are made up of a team of experienced professionals who support our top executives across the globe. These critical team members are viewed as strategic partners who keep the executives and their teams focused on company goals while embracing the Salesforce Ohana.
We are looking for Executive Assistants to contribute to the growth of our company. This is an opportunity to work alongside individuals who are united by a strong sense of teamwork, service, and excellence. Every Executive Assistant will have to utilize a unique skill set based on their executive’s job functions, personality, and communication style. Salesforce has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture and we are eager to add another strong contributor to our growing Executive Assistant team.
The Principal Executive Assistant provides executive support for two executives - a Senior Vice President and a Senior Advisor within the Office of the CEO. Please note that the two executives are in different cities so the candidate should be comfortable working across East and West Coast time zones. The Principal Executive Assistant will serve as the primary point of contact for internal and external constituencies on all matters pertaining to the two executives. The Principal Executive Assistant also works closely with the CEO and Chief of Staff Executive Assistants.
The Principal Executive Assistant must be creative and enjoy working within a matrixed, global environment that is results-oriented, values-driven, and business-focused. The ideal candidate will have the ability to exercise excellent judgment and high confidentiality in a variety of situations, with strong written and verbal communication, administrative, and organizational skills, and the ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities. Working independently on projects, from conception to completion, the candidate must be able to work under pressure, in a highly visible role, at times to handle a wide variety of activities and confidential matters with discretion.
- Manage day-to-day schedules in such a way that the executive is able to complete their obligations in an organized, efficient way.
- Coordinate internal and external meetings including but not limited to team meetings, full staff meetings, all-hands meetings, off-site meetings, one-on-one meetings, meetings with stakeholders and customers, etc.
- Proactively manage calendar priorities based on customer meetings, release cycles, fiscal calendars, current projects, team needs, and Dreamforce.
- Book appropriate domestic and international travel within Salesforce’s travel policy, taking into account travel Visas, costs, and proper documentation.
- Effectively interface with employees from other groups within Salesforce and Senior Executives inside and outside the company, and recognize key players within all organizations.
- Event management coordination, setup and support as well as assisting with food orders, luncheon planning, and planning of other business-related meetings as requested.
- Other administrative and project duties as requested.
- Minimum of 7+ years of applicable administrative experience, ideally from a global software organization.
- Strong teamwork skills; and a confident ability to offer suggestions and improvements to process and work very collaboratively with others.
- Build and maintain highly professional and effective relationships and networks with other Executive Assistants across the company to ensure smooth communication and coordination across the enterprise.
- Project Coordination experience needed at an intermediate complexity.
- Strong oral and written communication. Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with senior leaders and external partners.
- Previous experience partnering with senior management in a fast-paced, innovative environment.
- Experience working with/in large administrative teams.
- Working proficiency in Google Suite (Gmail, Docs, Drive, GMeet). Experience using Quip, Slack, Salesforce, and Tableau is a plus.
- Complete a broad variety of administrative tasks including managing an extremely active calendar of appointments, completing expense reports, composing and preparing correspondence that is often sensitive and confidential, arranging complex and detailed domestic and international travel plans, itineraries, and agendas, and compiling documents for travel/meetings as well as everything between coordinating office events to managing procurement contracts and invoices
- Work closely and effectively with the Executives and their offices to keep them well-informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately.
- Act as a “barometer”; having a sense for the issues taking place in the environment and keeping the executives updated.
- Successfully complete critical aspects of deliverables with a hands-on approach, including supporting the drafting of any materials as requested by the executives.
- Prioritize conflicting needs; handle matters expeditiously, and proactively, and follow through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures.
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at www.equality.com and explore our company benefits at www.salesforcebenefits.com.
Salesforce is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.
Salesforce welcomes all.Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Salesforce will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.For California-based roles, the base salary hiring range for this position is $133,800 to $183,900.Compensation offered will be determined by factors such as location, level, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Certain roles may be eligible for incentive compensation, equity, benefits. More details about our company benefits can be found at the following link: https://www.salesforcebenefits.com.