The Visa Predictive Models (VPM) team is composed of approximately 70 data scientists, analysts, and product managers! We focus on developing and implementing models that analyze customer behavior, credit risk, fraud patterns, and other key business metrics.
By collaborating with internal teams and external partners, we improve Visa's risk and identity products, generates revenue, and improves customer experience, primarily using Visa data and Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence.
Some job duties and projects could include:
- Reviewing real time payment history data and identifying potential risk behavior patterns.
- Creating automation for regular model monitoring reports (fraud capture rate, score distribution shift, etc.) in production.
- Developing and maintaining database tables with ongoing transaction details and fraud reports in an efficient way to support model training and monitoring needs.
- Students pursuing a master’s degree or equivalent experience with a graduation date after December 2024.
- Ability to speak Spanish fluently
- Ability to code python at a basic level
- Knowledge of machine learning models and statistical methods.
- Previous experience with big data technologies (Hadoop, Spark, or similar technologies), data visualization tools (such as Tableau, Power BI, or similar tools), and SQL and database management.
- The ability to tackle challenges and address problems head-on
- Highly driven, resourceful, collaborative, and results oriented
- Good great teammate and excellent interpersonal skills
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proven record to lead and navigate through ambiguity
- Strong communications skills, specifically, the absence of repeated grammatical or typographical errors, clear and concise written and spoken communications that demonstrate professional judgment.
U.S. APPLICANTS ONLY: The estimated salary for a new hire into this position is $35/hr- $38/hr USD which may include potential sales incentive payments (if applicable). Salary may vary depending on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location. In addition, this position may be eligible for bonus and equity. Visa has a comprehensive benefits package for which this position may be eligible that includes Medical, Dental, Vision, 401 (k), FSA/HSA, Life Insurance, Paid Time Off, and Wellness Program.
Work Authorization: Visa will not sponsor applicants for work visas in connection with this position. Future sponsorship will not be considered.
Work Hours: Varies upon the needs of the department
Travel Requirements: This position requires travel 5-10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable local law, including the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.