To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Job CategorySoftware Engineering
We’re Salesforce, the Customer Company, inspiring the future of business with AI+ Data +CRM. Leading with our core values, we help companies across every industry blaze new trails and connect with customers in a whole new way. And, we empower you to be a Trailblazer, too — driving your performance and career growth, charting new paths, and improving the state of the world. If you believe in business as the greatest platform for change and in companies doing well and doing good – you’ve come to the right place.
Senior Software Engineering - Backend Distributed Systems (SMTS/MTS)Job Description
Our Security Software Engineering team builds and operates highly scalable, fault-tolerant, distributed systems to deliver cloud-scale security software services. We provide the fundamental building blocks to improve and preserve customer trust in Salesforce's products across multiple public cloud substrates and our own network infrastructure. We architect and implement our services, to protect Salesforce products/infrastructure and defend against malicious attacks. You will have the unique opportunity to learn from the best industry security experts and integrate that into your software and service engineering.
The Data Platform team provides large-scale ETL capabilities to security big data pipeline. Our vision is to provide a world class security log data extraction, transformation and load platform which is self-service, elastic, agile, resilient and provides an easy to use experience to security teams for their consistent threat detection, data exploration, analysis, and compliance needs and help maintain ‘Trust’ as our #1 core value for Salesforce customers. We process up-to 6 million events
per second across Salesforce, enabling detection and searching capabilities for our security engineers. This is a great opportunity for ambitious engineers who want technical growth in both distributed systems development and application security vulnerabilities, while operating on a large scale cloud platform.
- Design and implement ETL platforms with open-source technologies such as Spark on Kubernetes, EMR, S3 / SQS, Iceberg, DeltaLake, etc.
- Advance and operate the ETL platforms in a full DevOps model
- Operate in an Agile development environment, including participating in daily scrums
- Support the team’s engineering excellence by performing design reviews, code reviews and mentoring junior team members
- Provide on-call support
- B.A/B.Sc. in Computer Science/Engineering with 4+ years of industry experience
- Experience building large scale distributed systems using cloud services (AWS, GCP , Azure, etc..)
- Deep understanding of object oriented programming and experience with at least one object oriented programming language (Java, Python)
- Experience with Big Data platforms such as Apache Spark, EMR, EKS, Flink
- Experience building services with Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with Scrum or other agile development methodologies, with attention to code quality , delivering secure code
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with outstanding attention to detail
- Have a passion for working together as a team and ensuring team members’ success. Lead and mentor junior members of the team.
- Experience with relational and NoSQL databases, message queues (Kafka, SNS/SQS, etc), and other components in data pipelines
- Experience building services with Terraform, Helm, Ansible, and Spinnaker
- Strong fundamentals knowledge in security concepts: authentication/authorization frameworks (e.g., SSO, SAML, Oauth), secure transport (e.g., SSL, TLS), identity management (e.g., certificates, PKI)
- Good knowledge with operating system and network technologies, such as TCP/IP , DNS, or LB
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at www.equality.com and explore our company benefits at www.salesforcebenefits.com.
Salesforce is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.
Salesforce welcomes all.For Washington-based roles, the base salary hiring range for this position is $125,700 to $208,800. Compensation offered will be determined by factors such as location, level, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Certain roles may be eligible for incentive compensation, equity, benefits. More details about our company benefits can be found at the following link: https://www.salesforcebenefits.com.