Come to work each day with an inclusive and collaborative business technology team. As a Principal Automation Engineer in AbbVie Business Technology Solutions (BTS), you’ll have opportunities to contribute to the digital transformation of a leading biopharma company, helping to create solutions that impact patients and their communities for the better.
AbbVie Information Security is looking for a highly motivated, diligent, and skillful engineer to join the Cyber Security Engineering (CSE) Team. The CSE Team, working within the Cyber Security Operations (CSO) function, is responsible for designing, deploying, maintaining, and optimizing the toolsets in use by the Information Security teams, including the SIEM, SOAR, Vulnerability Management, and Data Pipelining tools. Join us as a Principal DevOps Engineer, Cyber Security Engineering to support and improve our efforts to defend against adversaries and help our business continue to have remarkable impacts on people’s lives.
This role is a critical component to Cyber Security Engineering, pioneering efforts to streamline our developer workflows through implementation and refinement of CI/CD pipelines, automating and improving testing criteria, and determining areas of improvement and automation. Working alongside the development teams and tool experts, this role should assist with migrating and maintaining infrastructure to microservices and/or containerized workloads in both managed on-prem and cloud-managed environments. As a Principal Engineer, this role will also be a leader in decision making and driving change, while acting as a mentor to team members.
The CSE team operates in a hybrid environment, supporting and maintaining elements of our tools in a hybrid of both on-premise and cloud-native environments. The ideal candidate should have experience in both virtualized environments as well as microservices, and be able to harmonize the architectures as needed.
· Build and implement CI/CD (Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment) pipelines
· Working alongside application subject matter experts, learn our toolsets and suggest/implement new features to streamline operations
· Assist with the Management, Development, Design, and Deployment of containerized applications
· Administer Windows and Linux hosts and transitioning to containers/Kubernetes
· Perform and assist developers with back-end administration and configuration of core technology platforms (SIEM, SOAR)
· Development of alerts/notifications and response to monitoring/observability tools and related root cause analysis
· Drive design and implementation of new capabilities and processes
· Provide guidance and recommendations on best practices to development workflows for the team
· Assist in the design and implementation of automation routines
· Perform testing and periodic validation of service offerings, pushing towards more automated testing routines
· Design and implement standards, policies, and procedures for automations and integrations
· Working closely with developers to determine how best to implement, and assist with the implementation of automated testing processes
· Develop and mentor team members
· Bachelors Degree and 8 years experience OR Masters Degree and 7 years experience OR PhD and 3 years of experience
· Excellent understanding of version control systems; knowledge of Cloud Platform administration (AWS, GCP, Azure)
· Excellent understanding of distributed architectures
· Knowledge of database management systems (NoSQL, Relational Databases, and associated query languages)
· Experience in implementation and maintenance of CI/CD pipelines
· Active experience of Agile / DevOps methodologies
· Ability to work both independently without direction and withing a group for day-to-day activities
· Capable of learning new concepts and processes quickly, and adapting to a constantly changing environment
· Comfortable working in and administering Linux and Windows environments
· Knowledge of cybersecurity, privacy principles, cyber threats, and vulnerabilities
· AWS Cloud Practitioner / Azure AZ-900 Certification
· Certified Kubernetes Administrator (CKA) / Certified Kubernetes Security Specialist (CKS)
· Experience working with development tools and scripting languages in a production environment
· Experience in implementation and design of serverless architecture solutions
· Strong experience in distributed architectures and cloud-native toolsets
· Prior experience working in an and leading an Agile/Scrum team
· Proven troubleshooting skills across technologies
· Ability to identify basic common coding flaws
· Working Knowledge of SIEM and SOAR tools
Why Business Technology Solutions
For anyone who wants to use technology and data to make a difference in people’s lives, shape the digital transformation of a leading biopharmaceutical company, and secure sustainable career growth within a diverse, global team: we’re ready for you.
Applicable only to applicants applying to a position in any location with pay disclosure requirements under state or local law:
Note: No amount of pay is considered to be wages or compensation until such amount is earned, vested, and determinable. The amount and availability of any bonus, commission, incentive, benefits, or any other form of compensation and benefits that are allocable to a particular employee remains in the Company's sole and absolute discretion unless and until paid and may be modified at the Company’s sole and absolute discretion, consistent with applicable law.
AbbVie is committed to operating with integrity, driving innovation, transforming lives, serving our community, and embracing diversity and inclusion. It is AbbVie’s policy to employ qualified persons of the greatest ability without discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, status as a protected veteran, or any other legally protected group status.
Minimum Salary $109,500
Maximum Salary $208,000
Significant Work Activities: Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Job Type: Experienced