We are hiring an Assistant General Counsel to empower, develop, mentor and lead insightsoftware’s commercial transactions team and lead in other legal areas of the business, subject to opportunity. The Assistant General Counsel reports to insightsoftware’s General Counsel and is an essential member of the insightsoftware management team. A successful candidate will be a dynamic, adaptable leader, eager to lock arms with like-minded individuals on the legal team and other departments.
Continuously empower, develop, mentor and lead a contracting team composed of lawyers and non lawyers.
Ensure the Legal department effectively manages continuously increasing deal flow as a result of continuous M&A activity.
Drive excellence in insightsoftware’s contract operations.
Continuously streamline and scale insightsoftware’s contract operations as insightsoftware rapidly grows by using AI, software tools, new and improved processes/templates and improved guides and training.
Develop robust reporting and uncover insights into our customers, contracts and contract operations by leveraging capabilities of our LinkSquares contract management solution.
Support the negotiation of complex (i) software licensing agreements, partner agreements and data privacy agreements with customers and partners and (ii) vendor agreements, as needed.
Regularly advise, support and problem-solve for our clients, including Sales, Customer Success, Professional Services and Finance.
Lead integration of newly-acquired companies into insightsoftware’s contract processes and operations.
Lead management/resolution of contract disputes.
With peers on the Legal Leadership Team, lead and continuously improve our Legal Department.
Lead and contribute in areas of legal work outside of contracting, which may include compliance, employment matters and litigation management
- JD and admitted to a bar in any U.S. state.
- 10+ years of experience in software industry, including commercial negotiations in software sales in fast growing environments.
- 7+ years experience building, empowering, developing, mentoring and leading high performing teams in fast growing environments.
- Strong knowledge of key legal concepts and tactics in negotiations.
- Experience improving and scaling contract operations.
- Experienced in contracting operations integration resulting from M&A activity.
- Thorough understanding of privacy law and information security considerations as they relate to software contracting.
- Strong experience with contract management software and other technology tools in support of contract operations.
- People-focused leader who leads from the front and by example.
- Passionate about building relationships and collaborating with legal teammates and key stakeholders.
- Customer-focused mindset and excellent internal client-facing demeanor.
- Problem solver - ability to resolve legal and business issues efficiently and effectively.
- Highly responsive.
- Ability to work under pressure, prioritize and manage significant workload to meet deadlines in a challenging and fast-paced environment.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent judgment, analytical skills and business pragmatism.
- Experience successfully managing and resolving contract disputes.
- Willingness and interest to contribute in other legal areas as needed, including compliance, employment matters and litigation management.
- Experience in managing responsibilities outside of contracting a plus
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
** At this time insightsoftware is not able to offer sponsorship to candidates who are not eligible to work in the country where the position is located. **