If you need assistance during the recruiting process due to a disability, please reach out to our Recruiting Accommodations Team through the Accommodation Request form. This form is used only by individuals with disabilities who require assistance or adjustments in applying and interviewing for a job. This form is not for inquiring about a position or the status of an application.
Employee Communications Specialist
Are you inquisitive by nature? Are you a storyteller who can simplify the complex? Are you detail-orientated and enjoy collaboration? If so, we want to hear from you. The Expedia Brands division is a best-in-class marketing team acquiring and retaining high value travelers and partners, growing share of wallet, driving efficiency and effectiveness, and accelerating global markets expansion. We are seeking a strong communicator with a flair for capturing attention and stimulating change through the power of great copy and taking unique approaches.
What You Will Do:
- Produce compellingcontent (including Basecamp stories, Slack posts, PowerPoint presentations, emails, event invitations, executive briefing documents, communications plans) that reflect the needs of the business and ensure employees have the information they need to remain effective and engaged
- Working with internal partners and advising on the best way to achieve results through effective communication
- Assisting in the development and management of complex multi-channel communications campaigns and events
- Proactively suggesting and contributing to initiatives to improve audience engagement with internal campaigns and communications
- Be comfortable sourcing visual assets for stories within our brand guidelines and undertaking basic design, multimedia and video work within existing templates
- Tracking and reporting on performance and engagement
- Playing a key role in our editorial process to help prioritize stories and to connect dots across division and initiatives.
Who you are:
- The Employee Communications Specialist for Expedia Brands will be central insharing the achievements and momentum of our division across Expedia Group, helping the team build strong, trusted relationships between leaders and teams.
- We are looking for someone who enjoys working in a team and collaborating to achieve shared goals, while being self-motivated and able to identify and improve opportunities and processes.
- You will work alongside Expedia Brands and Employee Comms colleagues around the world to bring our strategic narrative to life - so if you're at ease in a global environment, interacting with Expedians' in multiple countries and time zones, then this role could be for you.
- One to two years’ experience in a communications/editorial/PR environment, generating ideas, handling priorities and creating compelling content
- Can deliver stakeholder requests in an accurate, timely and professional manner
- Can copy edit and translate technical, complex processes and information into simple, clear communications
- Highly organized with ability to manage multiple projects concurrently, prioritization skill are key
- Possess the ability to account for best practices while balancing the need to innovate and evolve
- Comfortable learning and using new tools to develop creative content, written communication, and presentations
- Video editing experience and an eye for visual design a plus
- Flexible and adaptable, able to react quickly to changing requirements and new challenges
The total cash range for this position in Austin is $66,000 to $92,500. Employees in this role have the potential to increase their pay up to $105,500, which is the top of the range, based on ongoing, demonstrated, and sustained performance in the role.
Starting pay for this role will vary based on multiple factors, including location, available budget, and an individual’s knowledge, skills, and experience. Pay ranges may be modified in the future.
Expedia Group is proud to offer a wide range of benefits to support employees and their families, including medical/dental/vision, paid time off, and an Employee Assistance Program. To fuel each employee’s passion for travel, we offer a wellness & travel reimbursement, travel discounts, and an International Airlines Travel Agent (IATAN) membership.View our full list of benefits.
About Expedia Group
Expedia Group (NASDAQ: EXPE) powers travel for everyone, everywhere through our global platform. Driven by the core belief that travel is a force for good, we help people experience the world in new ways and build lasting connections. We provide industry-leading technology solutions to fuel partner growth and success, while facilitating memorable experiences for travelers. Expedia Group's family of brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Vrbo®, trivago®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Hotwire®, Wotif®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Expedia Group™ Media Solutions, Expedia Local Expert®, CarRentals.com™, and Expedia Cruises™.
© 2021 Expedia, Inc. All rights reserved. Trademarks and logos are the property of their respective owners. CST: 2029030-50
Employment opportunities and job offers at Expedia Group will always come from Expedia Group’s Talent Acquisition and hiring teams. Never provide sensitive, personal information to someone unless you’re confident who the recipient is. Expedia Group does not extend job offers via email or any other messaging tools to individuals to whom we have not made prior contact. Our email domain is @expediagroup.com. The official website to find and apply for job openings at Expedia Group is careers.expediagroup.com/jobs.