Operational Technology (OT) Networking and Industrial Controls Systems Cybersecurity Pre-sales and Professional Services Engineer
Siemens Industry – Digital Connectivity and Power (DCP): The DCP business unit has an Industrial Networking and Cybersecurity Pre-sales and Professional Services Engineer position open with a focus on networking infrastructure products and technologies as they relate to automation systems/utilities/and transportation (rail,ITS).
This is an outstanding opportunity to join a formidable team providing the best end to end industrial networking solutions in the market. Siemens is leading the charge in providing innovative solutions to bolster the manufacturing renaissance in the US.
- Acts as the subject matter expert on networking infrastructure products and technologies in the Siemens RuggedCom and Scalance product family while executing assigned service requests.
- Demonstrate a combination of technical and project management skills.
- Applies acquired process, product and/or equipment knowledge based on current industry trends, best practices, performance, price, and functionality.
- Provides technical product advice for the development and implementation of customer solutions.
- Prepares and presents detailed technical proposals, including product demonstrations and solution prototypes.
- Performs complex hardware and/or software design consultation in accordance with customer/project needs.
- Resolves overly complex technical problems to meet customers' needs.
- Perform on-site activities that include configuration of switches and routers, network integration with third party components, testing and troubleshooting networks, performing system tests with reports as required, and optimizing existing networks.
- Provide post and Pre-sales support for the RuggedCom and Scalance products.
- Generates technical collateral such as application notes and examples for reuse by others.
- Develop and/or deliver training courses to customer and partners.
- Implements a yearly learning and development plan focusing on technical skills and engineering soft skills.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
An Operational Technology (OT) Networking and Industrial Controls Systems Cybersecurity Pre-sales and Professional Services Engineer experienced in networking architectures involving multiple products and technologies and has comprehensive knowledge in architecting, analyzing, and troubleshooting complex solutions. Extensive knowledge in network infrastructure with a focus on how it relates to the automation/utility/transportation systems required. This position requires an individual with strong technical selling skills and the ability to think outside-of-the-box to address the most complex applications with the most compelling arguments.
- Bachelor of Science degree in electrical/computer/mechanical engineering/computer science or equivalent technical degree.
- 5-10 years of experience with network infrastructures as it relates to automation/utilities/transportation systems.
- 5 – 10 years proficiency with Operational Technology (OT) Networking and Industrial Controls Systems Cybersecurity Pre-sales and Professional Services Engineer
- Travel requirement will exist based on client needs.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- 5-10 years of experience with Ruggedcom/Scalance products
- Prior Siemens automation/networking experience is a plus.
- Networking Certifications such as CCNP or Siemens certifications.
- Cybersecurity Certifications such as GICSP/ISA 62443 Badges/CISSP.
- Experience in VMware and virtualization.
- Action Oriented: Enjoys working hard and full of energy for the things he/she sees as challenging. Not fearful of acting with a minimum of planning and seizes more opportunity than others. Can rally the organization behind the right opportunities and initiatives.
- Strategic Agility: Is future oriented. Has broad knowledge and perspective. Can create competitive and breakthrough strategies and plans. Strong in influencing without control.
- Perseverance: Pursues everything with energy, drive and need to finish. Seldom gives up before finishing, in face of resistance and setbacks.
- Business acumen: Knows how business works and is aware how the strategies and tactics work in the marketplace. Knowledgeable in current and potential future practices, trends and information affecting the business.
- Organizational Agility: Knows how to get things done through formal and informal networks. Understands the culture of the organization to work effectively in a matrix structure to exploit opportunities.
- Customer Focus: Intense customers focus and uses customer information for improvement in products and services.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.