As a Services Business Development Executive (SBDE) at SoftwareONE, you will work in unison with our Account Management team to understand our customer’s business objectives and align them to our professional and managed services portfolio. You will own the overall growth of services in existing accounts as well as qualification of engagements, build proposals, and statement of work (SOWs) that allow our consulting and project management team to successfully deliver. You are able to see ideas and make them reality and build confidence in the solutions you are providing that lead to our customers overall business objectives.
You will be known as the AWS expert building a strong relationship with our sales organization, customers, AWS, and other key partners. You have a knack for understanding technical needs and molding a conversation depending on the personas you identify with (Technical through C-level). You are able to properly consult by enabling our customers in order to solve complex problems with our services offerings.
You will have an annual quota and performance metrics in Technology Services starting after the agreed ramp up timeframe.
You will be challenged to work across a variety of customer requirements as well as provide valuable use cases with the products, operations and services teams. To be successful, you will possess exceptional presentation, written and verbal skills. You will ideally be familiar with the AWS portfolio as well as other hyperscaler’s and become a subject matter expert (SME) in how we differentiate in the industry in order to deliver our managed and professional services in the Cloud and Applications space.
- Development of new services opportunities within an existing customer base.
- Partners with Account Management team and contributes to Account Business plans.
- Analyze & gather business requirements from large & complex client environments to map our solutions and services portfolio
- Build relationships across sales and services organization, and Key partners (AWS)
- Travel for in person meetings and other objectives.
- Create proposals, statement of work (SOWs), and RFP responses in an extensive, formal and timely manner.
- Manage the growth and overall services and solutions pipeline and opportunities in a dedicated geography.
- Responsible for owning the sales cycle and closing the services and solutions deals in the pipeline.
- Input appropriate information into CRM tools.
- Reports to the Solutions Director.
- Enlists the support of sales, implementation resources, service resources, and other sales and management resources as needed.
- Closely coordinates company executive involvement with customer management.
- This position may have direct report staff assigned to support responsibilities in specific customers.
What’s in it for you:
- Generous pay with favorable commission structure
- Independent environment without a lot of red tape where you are empowered to make decisions
- Substantial benefits package that includes:
Medical coverage with competitive employer contributions
Voluntary coverage including Dental, Vision, Pet, Legal, Identity, Accident & Critical Illness
401k program with employer matching 50% up to the first 10% of employee’s contributions
Wellness program, EAP, concierge services
Plentiful PTO that includes paid holidays, floating holidays, your birthday off, a volunteer day, and vacation time
Employee stock purchase plan
Learning and development opportunities galore
- Winning culture, inclusive environment, and friendly people all over the world
- A remote-friendly organization, with colleagues working remotely either part or full-time
Culture and Values
Candidates of SoftwareONE must exude the qualities of our Core Values:
- Customer Focused: We exceed expectations through great discipline and ensure a world class customer experience.
- Employee Satisfaction: Our greatest asset. We love and support our colleagues and operate without hierarchy.
- Speed: Fast is better than slow but we will not compromise on quality.
- Passionate: We strive for excellence, go the extra mile and have fun in what we do.
- Humble: We constantly look to improve and never forget the importance of our customers and colleagues.
- Integrity: We are consistent, honest and fair and always do what is right.
- Discipline: In everything we do. We accept responsibility and deliver on all of our commitments.
What we need to see from you
- Preferred: Degree in Marketing, Business Administration, or similar.
- Extensive sales experience.
- Essential knowledge around AWS, Cloud and Applications. Certifications a plus.
- Intuitive and insightful, particularly regarding human behavior.
- Ability to generate revenue by identifying pain points and suggesting suitable products or services.
- Neat, well-groomed appearance.
- Great networking skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Strong knowledge of technical products (i. ITAM, cloud migration and management services, procurement services, application services...).
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Professional and friendly demeanor.
- Strong communication skills.
- Basic knowledge of computer systems and Office Software.
- Ability to meet sales and commission targets.
- Resourceful, with outstanding research skills.
- Emboldened by challenges.
- Meets or exceeds quarterly and annual Gross Profit (GP) budget.
- Continuously grows Pipeline Funnel month over month, quarter over quarter.
- Reduces Average Days to Close quarter over quarter.
- Increases average order deal size month over month, quarter over quarter.
- Increases Win Ratio percentage.
- Cross sells and upsells across entire portfolio.
- Leverages the right resources at the right time to support
- Expands and strengthens relationships across client base
Sign up to connect with companies that trust you to work wherever you work best.Register Now, be first in line
Sign up for our weekly remote work round-up newsletter and have new openings from companies that care delivered right to your inbox.