GitHub helps companies and organizations succeed by enabling them to build better software, together. We’re looking for a DevOps Architect to help our Technical Success team to solve some of GitHub’s most challenging customer issues. The ideal candidate will have the aptitude and passion to become a master of GitHub’s product capabilities and underlying technologies.
This role is highly collaborative with GitHub’s Product, Engineering, Customer Success, and Field Services teams on responsibly scoped non-billable engagements that have a high degree of strategic customer-facing impact. In addition, being able to articulate and prescribe solutions to customers is a key ability to be successful. This person will solve challenges with many different technologies and work closely with our customers, as well as GitHub’s internal departments.
- Providing solutions to customer challenges by listening, understanding, and identifying gaps. You will work closely with your fellow team members, as well as teams across Revenue, to address product features that are not on GitHub’s roadmap
- Dive deep into the tech stack by addressing platform scalability, stability, and automation challenges for GitHub Enterprise customers
- Engage and Share knowledge with technical communities across GitHub through solution documents and create learning materials for our broader GitHub community to leverage
- Demonstrate leadership by connecting our Customer Success organization to the needs for understanding why customers make technical decisions in how to implement the GitHub platform
- Drive technical clarity for GitHub and customers regarding an array of technologies. You will need to understand GitHub’s tools and platform well enough to weigh critical technical solutions in order to help other teams make informed decisions
- Demonstrate leadership by fostering technical council for leaders across the organization and support decision-making efforts
- Track and share progress for impact the team is making toward customer satisfaction and product improvement, as well as keeping expectations honest and clear
- At least 7-10 years experience practicing software development and DevOps methodology
- At least 7-10 years in customer-facing roles
- In-depth knowledge of the Git version control system
- Familiarity with GitHub platform-level critical services and usage patterns that introduce heavy workflow operations, associated with scaling production and the architecture of the platform
- Examples include (but are not limited to): knowledge of the effects of high push rates on mono repositories, ability to study and resolve customer-blocking problems with underlying application services, and ability to introduce proposed changes to the rails app that adapt to business-critical product features
- Great problem solving skills around technical, product, and business questions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Collaborative and team oriented
- Able to coordinate with teams across locations and time zones
- Experience in working within a vendor organization
- Familiarity with legacy version control systems, such as SVN, ClearCase, Gerrit, and others, and the ability to articulate the GitHub platform as compared to these solutions
- Familiarity with legacy CI/CD solutions, such as Travis, CircleCI, GitLab, and others, and the ability to articulate GitHub Actions as compared to these solutions
- Familiarity with legacy development security solutions, such as Snyk, Fortify, Veracode, and others, and the ability to articulate GitHub Advanced Security as compared to these solutions
- Comfort working with a high degree of discovery and autonomy, yet highly communicative toward our tracking and reporting objectives
Minimum salary of $118,100 to maximum $219,300.
At GitHub certain roles are eligible for additional rewards, including annual bonus and stock. These rewards are allocated based on individual impact in role. In addition, certain roles also have the opportunity to earn sales incentives based on revenue or utilization, depending on the terms of the plan and the employee’s role.
Location: In this role, you can work remotely from anywhere in the United States or onsite in one of GitHub’s U.S. offices (San Francisco, Bellevue, Raleigh)
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, and to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
Customer Obsessed - Trust by Default - Ship to Learn - Own the Outcome - Growth Mindset - Global Product, Global Team - Anything is Possible - Practice Kindness
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where many Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The rest of our Hubbers work remotely around the globe. Check out an updated list of where we can hire here: https://github.com/about/careers/remote
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.
Follow GitHub To Get Updated When They Post New Roles On PowerToFly! GitHub is the best place to share code with friends, co-workers, classmates,... Read more