Location: Remote from U.S. or Canada
About the role:
Aurora Solar is a fast-growing Series C company on a mission to create a future of solar energy for all. Aurora makes the software that is enabling society to transition to a world powered by solar power. It’s our goal to have every solar installation in the world pass through our software, which has already been used to design millions of solar projects. Named one of “The Best Places To Work in 2021” by BuiltInSF.com and awarded #1 Solar Software platform by Solar Power World, Aurora is disrupting the energy industry and changing the course of history.
We are looking for well-rounded software engineers with a passion for quality assurance. You will own the quality of many product features as well as the testing strategy, implementation of a manual test plan, test cases, and their executions to status communication and beyond. You will advocate for our customers and deliver value in terms of quality, usability, and functionality to our customers.
We are a passionate and diverse team that aspires to be the best place for the best people and we’re looking for talented individuals to accelerate our exponential growth as we continue to scale. If you are looking for a stimulating and fulfilling role, come join us!
What you’ll do:
● Partner with key stakeholders to comprehend project objectives, scope, timeline, etc. and formulate a test plan
● Develop and execute test plans and manual test cases
● Manage the implementation and the execution of the test plan by tracking progress, bugs, impediments, and trade-off and provide regular status updates
● Coordinate with the engineering team to determine which tests will be manual vs automated while tracking automation coverage
● Aid releases by running a set of designated tests specific to each release. In addition, support releases of features behind the feature flags
● Investigate and triage production issues and coordinate with stakeholders accordingly.
What we value:
● Ability to partner with product managers and engineers to develop a comprehensive test plan and test strategy based on feature’s “happy path” acceptance criteria
● Ability to test SAAS based applications in multiple platforms - desktop and mobile device
● Deep comprehension of database schema and writing SQL to retrieve data in order to support testing
● Passion for renewable energy and sustainability
● Ability to perform and thrive in a fast-paced environment
Aurora is dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive workforce of people who believe in and are passionate about creating a future of solar energy for all. We are an equal opportunity employer, we welcome and consider qualified applicants regardless of gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. We encourage you to apply even if you believe that you do not meet all of the above criteria!
For San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records for employment.
How it all started In 2012, while still in graduate school, Sam and Chris installed a commercial solar system for a school in East Africa. The... Read more