Today, there's more data and users outside the enterprise than inside, causing the network perimeter as we know it to dissolve. We realized a new perimeter was needed, one that is built in the cloud and follows and protects data wherever it goes, so we started Netskope to redefine Cloud, Network and Data Security.
Since 2012, we have built the market-leading cloud security company and an award-winning culture powered by hundreds of employees spread across offices in Santa Clara, St. Louis, Bangalore, London, Melbourne, and Tokyo. Our core values are openness, honesty, and transparency, and we purposely developed our open desk layouts and large meeting spaces to support and promote partnerships, collaboration, and teamwork. From catered lunches and office celebrations to employee recognition events (pre and hopefully post-Covid) and social professional groups such as the Awesome Women of Netskope (AWON), we strive to keep work fun, supportive and interactive. Visit us at Netskope Careers. Please follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter@Netskope.
About the role
Please note, this team is hiring across Staff Engineer, Sr. Staff Engineer and Principal Engineer levels, and all candidates are individually assessed and appropriately leveled based upon their skills and experience.
The Provisioner Team is responsible for the design, development, release and evolution of Provisioner, a critical component of our foundational technologies. Provisioner acts as the single source of truth for all user data across all Netskope Apps, scales to 100s of millions of devices at any given time, and processes billions of requests daily. If you are passionate about solving complex problems and developing cloud services that are reliable, performant and scalable, we would like to speak with you.
What’s in it for you
As a member of the Provisioner team you will play a key role in the design, development and ongoing evolution of a critical component of our foundational technologies. You will be responsible for full life-cycle software development, including requirements analysis, technical architecture, design, implementation, testing and documentation, the recipe for deployment to production, and post-production ownership. If you are passionate about solving complex problems and developing cloud services that are reliable, performant and scalable, we would like to speak with you.
What you will be doing
- Design and develop cloud systems and services to handle billions of events.
- Coordinate with other service development teams, product management and support teams to ensure scalability, supportability and availability for owned services and dependent services.
- Work on customer issues in a timely manner to improve issue resolution response time and customer satisfaction.
- Evaluate open source technologies to find the best fit for our needs, and contribute to some of them to meet our unique needs and help the community.
Required skills and experience
- 8+ years of experience in the field of software development.
- Excellent programming experience in, Python, Node.js , typescript using right data structures and algorithms.
- Well versed in design and development of complex large scale distributed systems using technology such as Kafka, Redis, Mongo, MySql, Zookeeper, Kong etc,.
- Experience in development of applications using RESTFul API that includes DB design and management.
- Experience in scaling and performance optimization of systems including DB query tuning and optimization.
- Designed and developed cloud microservices that are deployed and used at high scale.
- Energetic self-starter, with the desire to work in a dynamic fast-paced environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of Directory services and Identity management solutions is a plus.
- BSCS or equivalent required, MSCS or equivalent strongly preferred
Netskope is committed to implementing equal employment opportunities for all employees and applicants for employment. Netskope does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices based on religion, race, color, sex, marital or veteran statues, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, genetic information, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), or any other characteristic protected by the laws or regulations of any jurisdiction in which we operate.