Optum Home & Community Care, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, is creating something new in health care. We are uniting industry-leading solutions to build an integrated care model that holistically addresses an individual’s physical, mental and social needs – helping patients access and navigate care anytime and anywhere.
As a team member of our naviHealth product, we help change the way health care is delivered from hospital to home supporting patients transitioning across care settings. This life-changing work helps give older adults more days at home.
We’re connecting care to create a seamless health journey for patients across care settings. Join us to start Caring. Connecting. Growing together.
At naviHealth, our mission is to work with extraordinarily talented people who are committed to making a positive and powerful impact on society by transforming health care. naviHealth is the result of almost two decades of dedicated visionary leaders and innovative organizations challenging the status quo for care transition solutions. We do health care differently and we are changing health care one patient at a time. Moreover, have a genuine passion and energy to grow within an aggressive and fun environment, using the latest technologies in alignment with the company’s technical vision and strategy.
The Sr. Instructional Designer (ID) is responsible for leading projects of all levels of complexity and applies advanced understanding of the ADDIE model (analysis, design, development, implementation, and evaluation), adult learning theory, and instructional design principles to project related work. The position will not only design and develop comprehensive learning solutions and content but will lead other Instructional Designers through the design process including researching, pilot testing, validation, and maintenance. The Sr. Instructional Designer will also drive our evaluation strategy by operationalizing the Kirkpatrick model for all educational programs and trainings delivered by Learning and Development. The Sr. ID will serve as a liaison and representative to departments, work groups, and committees and performs task analysis, long-term and short-term planning, and determine training needs of the end users. In addition, this role will serve as a champion of the naviHealth purpose and values by creating a learning environment demonstrative of the naviHealth culture.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to work remotely * from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Partner with L&D Leadership, subject matter experts (SMEs), stakeholders and L&D Specialists to assess training requirements and specifications for all learning requests
- Independently develop advanced level courses for both internal and external audiences
- Ensure learning objectives and modules are efficient and effective at developing skills and professional knowledge that drive business results
- Develop learning assessments and/or tools to measure learning effectiveness
- Participate in the oversight of team success metrics assisting leaders with root cause analysis and process improvement plans
- Create project plans for design and development of learning solutions; assemble plans and teamwork assignments, directing and monitoring work efforts. Document and communicate design decisions and strategies to key partners within the line of business
- Participate in cross-departmental meetings to inform stakeholders of performance, gather feedback, and collaborate to ensure needs are met
- Utilize storyboards for conceptualization and collaborate with L&D Leadership, SMEs, stakeholders, and L&D Specialists to ensure effective learning and development design and delivery
- Perform regular audits of current curriculum content to ensure its continued relevancy and effectiveness to drive desired business results
- Perform peer reviews for Instructional Designers providing feedback and coaching
- Serves as a key resource on complex and/or critical issues
- Collaborate with Product and Engineering teams as appropriate to plan and execute training related to product suite updates
- Support development and maintenance of Design team standard operating procedures, best practices, and development tool templates to improve productivity and standardize work
- Use multimedia technology and authoring tools such as Articulate 360, Camtasia, Adobe to create high-level (virtual) instructor-lead and eLearning training programs
- Remain current with the methodologies and technologies identified for use in adult education
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required, assigned, or requested
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree in Learning and Development, Instructional Design, Organizational Development, or equivalent combination of education and experience in a business-related field;
- 5+ years of learning and development course design with proven work experience in instructional design with assessment solutions and instructional technology
- Experience working with Articulate Software Programs and Adobe
- Video production using Camtasia
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Audio editing
- Advanced experience with eLearning, Learning Management Systems, and course authoring tools specifically Articulate, Adobe and Audio editing
- Advanced knowledge of the principles and practices of training and development, adult learning theory, curriculum development, needs assessment, and evaluation
- Proven ability to work with minimal supervision and be self-motivated and self-disciplined
- Proven advanced organizational, analytical, interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills to assess business problems and propose plans and alternatives
- Proven excellent attention to detail in grammar and punctuation, visual design and layout, audio accuracy, and effective presentation
- Master's degree in Learning and Design or Technology, Instructional Design, Organizational Development, or Education
- Ability to establish a home office workspace
- Ability to manipulate laptop computer (or similar hardware) between office and site settings
- Ability to view screen and enter data into a laptop computer (or similar hardware) within a standard time period
- Ability to communicate with Clients and team members including use of cellular phone or comparable communication device.
- Ability to stay stationary for extended time periods (1 – 2) hours
- Travel requirements - Willing or ability to travel up to 10% of the time
naviHealth is improving the healthcare experience for seniors to live more fulfilling lives. For nearly a decade, naviHealth has been a trusted partner for the nation’s top health plans, health systems, and at-risk physician groups navigating the shift from volume to value. Powered by a predictive technology and decision support platform that provides clinicians and care teams with evidence-based protocols, naviHealth’s high-touch, proven care model fully supports patients from pre-acute through to the home. With naviHealth, patients can enjoy more days at home, and healthcare providers and health plans can significantly reduce costs specific to unnecessary care and readmissions. For more information about naviHealth, visit www.navihealth.com.
Improving the healthcare experience for seniors to live a more fulfilling life
- Rooted in respect
- Guided by purpose
- Devoted to service
- Energized by impact
California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, Rhode Island, or Washington Residents Only: The salary range for California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, Rhode Island or Washington residents is $67,800 to $133,100 per year. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All employees working remotely will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.