SoundCloud is the music industry’s fastest growing music distribution service. As a business, we enable musicians to monetize their music on platforms such as SoundCloud, Spotify, Apple Music and many more. We also provide our users with transparent revenue reporting, as well as promotion opportunities.
As a culture, we believe that the world of streaming music is changing, and while anyone has the ability to build their own audience, they should also have the ability to make a living from that audience.
We are looking for a backend engineer to join our growing Creator team! This position can be remote within the United States.
As backend engineers at SoundCloud, we build the infrastructure for products that music listeners and creators love. Our work often involves large-scale distributed systems, parallel computing, and data science. We actively improve our tools and processes to support collaboration and productivity. We cultivate an environment where we can all learn and grow.
You have solid backend engineering skills and are motivated to work in these areas. You’re proactive and have experience collaborating closely with other teams. You enjoy crafting simple solutions to complex engineering problems and are able to communicate them to product managers. You’re an independent thinker, but thrive in a tight-knit team. You’re committed to the products you work on.
If this describes you, we’d love to chat!
While this is a remote role candidates need to be based out of CA, NY, NJ, CT, MD, FL, IL, MI, or GA.
We are looking for an individual with 4+ years of experience working with our primary language, Java. Prior experience with SQL, NoSQL, microservices, JVM languages, automated testing, and continuous delivery are all highly valued. Experience in technologies such as Spring Boot, DynamoDB, and AWS is a plus.
The salary range for this role is $120,000-$200,000 annually. The final salary offered will be determined based on relative experience, skills, internal equity, and location. We also offer a generous total rewards program - read more about additional benefits and perks below!
- We are a multinational company with offices in the US (New York and Los Angeles), Germany (Berlin), and the UK (London)
- We provide a flexible work culture that offers the opportunity to collaborate and connect in person at our offices as well as accommodating work from home
- We are deeply committed to ensuring diversity, equity and inclusion at all levels of our organization and fostering a community where everyone’s voice, perspective and experience is respected and heard
- We believe a strong team is made by investing in employees through mentorship, workshops and enrichment opportunities
- Comprehensive health benefits including medical, dental, and vision plans, as well as mental health resources
- Robust 401k program
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan
- Generous professional development allowance
- Interested in a gym membership, photography course or book? We have a Creativity and Wellness benefit!
- Flexible vacation and public holiday policy where you can take up to 35 days of PTO annually
- 16 paid weeks for all parents (birthing and non-birthing), regardless of gender, to welcome newborns, adopted and foster children
- Various snacks, goodies, and 2 free lunches weekly when at the office
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at SoundCloud
SoundCloud is for everyone. Diversity and open expression are fundamental to our organization; they help us lead what’s next in music by understanding and empowering our creators and fans, no matter their identity. We acknowledge the challenges in the music industry, and strive to influence an inclusive culture where everyone can contribute respectfully and thrive, especially the historically marginalized communities that many of our creators, fans and SoundClouders identify with. We are dedicated to creating an inclusive environment at SoundCloud for everyone, regardless of gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, migration background, national origin, age, disability status, or care-giver status.
At SoundCloud you can find your community or elevate your allyship by joining a Diversity Resource Group. Diversity Resource Groups are employee-organized groups focused on supporting and promoting the interests of a particular underrepresented community in order to build a more inclusive culture at SoundCloud. Anyone can join, whether you share the identity or strive to be an ally.
SoundCloud is a next-generation music entertainment company powered by an ecosystem of artists, fans, and thriving communities on the pulse of... Read more