What you get to do in this role:
The TSE will work on a rotating shift pattern basis. The workweek will span Tuesday through Saturday (Shift 1) for two months and then switch to Sunday through Thursday (Shift 2) for two months. The shift pattern involves consistent daytime hours without any evening or night shifts, allowing the team to effectively manage technical support duties while maintaining a balanced work schedule. Work hours will cover 8:00am - 5:00pm.
The Performance Support Engineer will be responsible for managing and resolving the most challenging issues for the ServiceNow Technical Support team focusing on Performance and instance availability. This includes being the last point of escalation within the technical support department and mentoring junior team members in the various technologies.
The successful candidate will be able to quickly gain an understanding of the ServiceNow platform. This is a customer-facing role and therefore it requires strong inter-personal skills in addition to strong technical skills. The Performance Support Engineer must able to work outside of normal business hours (evening/weekend shifts, holidays) as needed.
To be successful in this role you have:
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot difficult technical issues
- Strong Experience with relational databases (e.g. MySQL, Oracle)
- Java experience
- Advanced Unix/Linux experience
- Working knowledge of the components in a web applications stack.
- Experience diagnosing performance degradation (e.g. explain plans, database tuning)
- Experience working well in a team environment while also being able to work productively while unsupervised
- Strong personal commitment to quality and customer service
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to clearly articulate solutions to complex technical problems
- Ability to work with high-value customer administrators and developers
- Excellent time management skills
- Consistent ability to work evenings and weekends
- Understanding of basic networking and system administration
The following additional skills are preferred but not required:
- Experience writing or debugging Object Oriented code (Java preferred, other relevant technologies ok)
- Advanced object oriented programming skills (Java strongly preferred).
- Demonstrated proficiency with the following Technical Skills
- Web Services (consuming or providing) (SOAP, REST)
- Data Extraction Technologies (e.g. JDBC, ODBC)
- Any bi-directional, automated integration between two systems
- TCP/IP, Networking knowledge
- Experience with Splunk
- Understanding of Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP)
- Understanding of remote administration via SSH, SNMP, WMI, Powershell
- Strong Familiarity with Eclipse IDE
- A fundamental understanding of ITSM, ITIL, and/or CMDB
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
At ServiceNow, we lead with flexibility and trust in our distributed world of work. Click here to learn about our work personas: flexible, remote and required-in-office.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at email@example.com for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.
Please Note: Fraudulent job postings/job scams are increasingly common. Click here to learn what to watch out for and how to protect yourself. All genuine ServiceNow job postings can be found through the ServiceNow Careers site.
From Fortune. © 2022 Fortune Media IP Limited All rights reserved. Used under license.
Fortune and Fortune Media IP Limited are not affiliated with, and do not endorse products or services of, ServiceNow.