Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable, and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun, and most importantly, we are committed to each other’s success.
Are you passionate about working on products that make a difference for your customers? Do you enjoy building large scale applications that are powered by huge data sets? Do you value working in an environment where you're empowered to make key technical decisions across a full stack of technologies? If so, a role on the Threat Research Team might be a great fit for you.Role
As a devoted Researcher who eats, sleeps, and breathes technology, you enjoy learning, discovering, and thinking. Because you are awesome, you have a track record that demonstrates that you go beyond just theory and big ideas; you can point to specific deliverables and tangible results. You want to make an impact in the security industry.Responsibilities
- Build analytics, playbooks, and detections for various Splunk security products.
- Create research content (papers, blogs) to be presented at public venues.
- Create automation capability, such as lab and product automation, to optimize analytics development and increase market adoption of security analytics.
- Research all sorts of cool technologies and test ways to turn your abstract ideas into rapid prototype proof of concepts and systems that solve real- world problems.
- Write highly efficient, robust, and object-oriented code for a variety of security use cases across various modalities, such as cloud and mobile.
- Tinker, pull at threads, and investigate methods and means by which we can solve today's security challenges with containerization, cloud and mobile technologies.
- Work closely with a team made up of master problem solvers from a diverse group of backgrounds.
- 3+ years of Software Engineering experience.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent training and work experience.
- Understanding of exploit analysis and detection development.
- Solid foundation in API, data structures, algorithms, software design and security.
- Experience in writing software and operationalizing it for deployment to cloud services.
- Working with the container ecosystem, using tools like Docker, Amazon ECS, and Kubernetes.
- Excellent problem-solving skills with great attention to detail.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- An uncanny ability to learn new technologies quickly and share your hard-won insights with fellow team members.
- Projects within GitHub, with regular contributions to community open-source projects.
- Personal research initiatives, hobbies, and projects that you are proud of.
- Presentations at industry events such as RSA, Blackhat, Defcon, BSides, IEEE, or ACM.
- Filed for and/or granted patents.
- A constant stream of new things for you to learn! We're always expanding into new areas, bringing in open-source projects and contributing back, and exploring new technologies.
- A set of exceptionally talented and dedicated peers, all the way from engineering to product management and customer support.
- Growth and mentorship. We believe in growing engineers through ownership and leadership opportunities. We also believe mentors help both sides of the equation.
- A stable, collaborative, and supportive work environment.
- Fun. It is one of our core tenets.
- Work life balance, with efficient work from home environments today and modern offices standing by for future times.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.