Who we are
Samsara (NYSE: IOT) is the pioneer of the Connected Operations Cloud, which allows businesses that depend on physical operations to harness IoT (Internet of Things) data to develop actionable business insights and improve their operations. Founded in San Francisco in 2015, we now employ more than 1,800 people globally and have over 1.5 million active devices. Samsara also went public in December 2021 and we’re just getting started.
Recent awards we’ve won include:
- #2 in the Financial Times’ Fastest Growing Companies in Americas list 2021
- Named as a Best Place to Work in Built In 2022
- #19 in the Forbes Cloud 100 2021
- IoT Analytics Company of the Year in 2022’s IoT Breakthrough Winners
- Forbes Advisor named us the Best Solution for Large Companies - Fleet management software for 2022!
We're driving change in industries that are yet to fully embrace digital transformation. Physical operations make up a massive slice of the global economy but haven’t benefited from innovation and actionable information in the way that other sectors have. The potential for scale and impact is huge.
About the role:
Founded in San Francisco six years ago, we’ve come a long way since then. We now employ over 1,600 people globally and have over a million devices out in the field. Last year, we hit a valuation of $5.4 billion during our series F funding round. We're one of the fastest growing companies to come out of Silicon Valley in recent years, too - we've hit $300m ARR faster than Slack, Workday, Snowflake and Twilio. Our products offer solutions to real world problems, allowing us to tap into markets that simply didn't exist a few years ago. Recent awards we’ve won include:
- #2 in the Financial Times’ Fastest Growing Companies in Americas list
- #19 in the Forbes Cloud 100
- Top 4 place in LinkedIn’s Top Startups awards for 2 years running
Even better, we’re only just getting started here in Europe.
We are seeking a talented and driven Enterprise Sales Director to expand our enterprise field business. You should be an energetic evangelist passionate about introducing a transformative new technology into the market. You should have a history of over-achievement (Presidents Club, etc.) and be comfortable selling into all levels of an enterprise organization in both technology and lines of business.
In this role, you will:
- Implement an effective coaching and development of Field Sales Representatives
- Collaborate with executive leadership to develop performance metrics
- Coordinate the involvement of Field Sales Engineers and support teams so that performance objectives and customers’ expectations are consistently met
- Champion, role model, and embed Samsara’s cultural principles (Focus on Customer Success, Build for the Long Term, Adopt a Growth Mindset, Be Inclusive, Win as a Team) as we scale globally and across new offices
- Hire, develop, and lead an inclusive, engaged, and high performing team
An ideal candidate also has:
- Previous experience leading and building a Field Sales Team
- Proven track record of ability to train, lead, and motivate enterprise sales teams including a clear sales methodology such as MEDDIC
- Solid understanding of SFDC
- 8+ years sales experience
- 3+ years experience managing a team/sales leadership
At Samsara, we welcome everyone regardless of their background, race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, etc. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
Samsara is an inclusive work environment, and we are committed to ensuring equal opportunity in employment for qualified persons with disabilities. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or click here if you require any reasonable accommodations throughout the recruiting process.
US Only: Please note that Samsara’s COVID-19 vaccination policy requires all team members who will be meeting in person for business or working from one of our offices to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or submit regular testing. People who cannot be vaccinated for qualifying medical conditions, sincerely held religious beliefs, and other legally protected categories, may request an accommodation.
Our target total compensation market position is in the top 25% of all software and hardware companies. Our full time employees receive an above market-rate salary, an outstanding equity offering, employee-led remote and flexible working, health benefits, personal development, Samsara for Good charity fund, and much, much more. Take a look at our Benefits site to learn more.
At Samsara, we have adopted a flexible way of working, enabling teams and individuals to do their best work, regardless of where they’re based. We value in-person collaboration and know a change of scenery and quiet space to work is welcomed from time to time, but also appreciate that the world of work has changed. Our offices remain open for those who prefer to collaborate or work in-office, but we also encourage fully remote applicants. As most roles are not required to be in the office, we are able to hire remotely where Samsara has an established presence. If a role is required to be in a certain location and candidates do not have work authorization for that location, Samsara will conduct an immigration assessment. If the role is not required to be in a specific location, Samsara will move forward with the remote location that works best for the business. All offers of employment are contingent upon an individual’s ability to secure and maintain the legal right to work at the company.
Please note: Samsara does not accept agency resumes and is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Please do not forward resumes to Samsara employees.