Millennium is a top tier global hedge fund with a strong commitment to leveraging innovations in technology and data science to solve complex problems for the business. We are assembling a strong Risk Technology team to build our next generation in-house risk tools. This team will sit under the Risk Technology group and will develop and maintain the in-house VaR systems to support risk management and trading in Equities, Fixed Income, Commodities, Credit and FX business at Millennium. Risk Technology provides a dynamic and fast-paced environment with excellent growth opportunities.
- Work closely with quants, risk managers and other engineers in Geneva, New York, London to develop data intensive and multi-asset analytics for our risk platform
- Development and implement best UI/UX practices and guidelines
- Develop feature rich user interfaces and design mockups
- Gather requirements and user feedback in collaboration with fellow engineers and project leads
- Design, build and refactor robust software applications with clean and concise code following Agile and continuous delivery practices
- Staying abreast of industry trends, new platforms and tools, and coming up with a business case to adopt new technologies
- BA or Master in computer science or any other scientific fields
- 3+ years of Angular or React development experience, preferably Angular based on Typescript
- Strong understanding and experience in UI test frameworks like Karma, Jasmine, Coffee, etc.
- Experienced in mockup/wireframe tools
- Understanding of HTTP network requests and responses
- Understanding of HTML, XML, and JSON formats
- Ability to work with Git, Jenkins or CI/CD tools
- Strong knowledge of Unix or Linux
- Strong communication skills to collaborate with various stakeholders
- Able to work independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Detail oriented, organized, demonstrating thoroughness and strong ownership of work
- Experience working in a production environment
Nice to have:
- Experience with financial mathematics and statistics.
- Proficient in Python using micro services/REST services with Flask/FastAPI/Django
- Experience with cloud platforms/products, AWS strongly preferred (Redshift/Dynamo/Lambda/S3)
- Experience in the financial industry