Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's supports independent thought and promotes a work environment that values and maximizes the contributions of all employees. Moody's offers their employees:
We are making an ambitious but very achievable and realistic attempt to change this, and we are seeking enthusiastic and passionate technologists to join our global team as we embark on our transformation journey. We source information from dozens of providers and our platforms deliver data and insights to a multitude of customers. Our customers depend on this data to be best in class and to be integral to their daily business.
We are looking for a Data Quality Assurance Engineer with strong database skills who is looking to push the limits and be an integral part of rebuilding our data transformation and ingestion pipelines. This role will be a key contributor to the validation of the new systems that will accelerate the distribution of data to our customers. The candidate will be working closely with the wider architecture, and software engineering teams in a fast-paced, fast growth environment. The role must be willing to take on challenges, learn new concepts and be eager to make an immediate impact upon joining the team.
If all the above energizes you and you want a challenging, fast-paced, hyper growth environment, if it makes you want to walk out the door on your current job or leave your vacation early and you are ready to take the next step in your career, then you are the candidate we want to talk to.
- Design, write and execute manual and automated tests for Data Quality.
- Assist in the design and implementation of a maintainable and robust test automation framework.
- Assist with clarification of functional and non-functional requirements.
- Use bug tracking systems to submit, track and manage defects.
- Analyze test results and provide meaningful reports to project team.
- Maintain software testing artifacts
- Use queries to create test data and analyze results.
- Initiate process and execution improvements for the DQA phases of the SDLC.
- Mentor less experienced team members.
- Fill QA lead role on a stream and/or perform direct line manager role for a small team.
- Reproduce and analyze clients' issues.
- Perform detailed project planning and project management support including work breakdown structure, estimates, status reporting and project closeout specific to testing.
- Undergraduate/first-level degree (e.g., Bachelor’s degree).
- 5+ years of QA experience.
- MUST HAVE - Strong database skills including excellent SQL skills for complex data analysis and QA
- Experience in QA activities throughout all stages of the SDLC..
- Experience building automation test frameworks
- Experience on a team that uses agile processes, including SCRUM, Continuous Build and Integration, etc.; suggests and implements process improvements
- Experience with a wide range of QA methodologies
- Strong understanding of Web-based technology architecture and data structures
- Experience leading test plan development
- Ability to handle multiple projects concurrently and/or fill lead QA role
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Excellent analytical and diagnostic skills as well as attention to detail
- Critical thinking skills to analyze system business and technical requirements for ambiguities and discrepancies
- Aptitude for thinking outside the box to develop and execute thorough test strategies, test plans, test scenarios, test cases and test scripts
- Investigate a defect, isolate its probable cause, provide a reliable method for reproducing it.
- Excellent understanding of the QA processes, methodologies and Software Testing Lifecycle
- Experience planning artefacts that support the implementation of shift-left testing and white box/grey box testing objectives
- Knowledge of financial concepts
- Excellent understanding of QA testing tools and environments.
- Extensive knowledge of architectures and technical standards
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
This position may be considered a promotional opportunity, pursuant to the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law. Click here to view our Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination statement.
At Moody’s, we’re taking action. We’re hiring diverse talent and providing underrepresented groups with equitable opportunities in their careers. We’re educating, empowering and elevating our people, and creating a workplace where each person can be their true selves, reach their full potential and thrive on every level. Learn more about our DE&I initiatives, employee development programs and view our annual DE&I Report at moodys.com/diversity